Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 120
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25884 times)
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #555 - 08/19/10 at 08:51:24

Wow, I really didn't think this would be that difficult!  I have another option, maybe we should scrap this one.  If someone thinks they can get it this weekend, we'll let it ride.  Otherwise, tomorrow I'll put up a different challenge.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #556 - 08/19/10 at 09:10:52

With tongue firmly planted in cheek....

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #557 - 08/19/10 at 09:59:06

babyhog wrote on 08/19/10 at 08:51:24:
Wow, I really didn't think this would be that difficult!
 I have a four faced post clock in Torrance: http://www.verdin.com/clocks/4facedgallery-4MSTII.asp : but I can't see it (Photo, but no location.)  I have a two faced clock downtown Los Angeles at 1st and Main, but no legal stopping.  But it's a red light as I could take the picture as I stop.  A rectangle, not a post.  There was one of in East Los Angeles, but it is not pictured at Google Streets -- I think it was stolen.  But on the front lawn of the Lomita Town Hall was easy to see!

WWW   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #558 - 08/19/10 at 11:08:35

LOL Southpaw!  Can we get an ANALOG watch on that telephone pole?  Grin

I was going to take a picture of a parking meter.. technically a clock on a post, and some of them are quite antique!

But the best I can do is a sort of "pillared" clock, on street corner in one of those refurbished neighborhoods.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #559 - 08/19/10 at 11:27:14

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #560 - 08/19/10 at 11:34:28

« Last Edit: 11/06/10 at 13:31:04 by Paladin. »  
WWW   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #561 - 08/19/10 at 12:07:34

Well this is very interesting!  Jef.Savage posted a valid shot 7 minutes before Paladin's also valid shot --BUT-- the time on Paladin's clock shows it was taken 15 minutes sooner than Jeff's, assuming they are in the same time zone and taken on the same day.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #562 - 08/19/10 at 12:26:29

See, I knew it could be done!  Very good!  Even Southpaw gave it one helluva creative try!  

Boule'tard - what's next?  

(I think I'll keep competing, but wait till someone posts first, then I'll post pics, so I don't have to choose the challenge again!  LOL)

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #563 - 08/19/10 at 13:32:52

That was good enough to win?!  Ok how about one of those tethered blimps, the kind they send up for weather data, or surveillance, or as an advertisement for a car dealer.  

Or (for Texas residents) an inflated gorilla on the roof of a car dealer will also work.  Try to park closer than this example:

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #564 - 08/19/10 at 17:52:14

Boule’tard wrote on 08/19/10 at 12:07:34:
Well this is very interesting!  Jef.Savage posted a valid shot 7 minutes before Paladin's also valid shot --BUT-- the time on Paladin's clock shows it was taken 15 minutes sooner than Jeff's, assuming they are in the same time zone and taken on the same day.

http://babyhog.savageriders.com/ Index of /
Name                    Last modified       Size  
Clock.jpg               17-Aug-2010 17:09    72k  

Picture was taking at 1:22 pm, went looking for the alleged clock that is suppose to be in Torrance, upload, massage the picture, upload to Babyhog at 5:09pm.  That Tuesday.  I was a little slow posting the message.  I have several post clocks I could go to picture.  Which is why I am not allowed to play.  (But the churches were too to look for -- my favorite being the Garden of Eden Grill and Bar in an ex-church.

Dude!  I CHEAT!  "This is the city: Los Angeles, California. I work here." -- Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet, 1951.

This is Western Ave, all city, 27.6 miles from San Pedro to Hollywood.  West-East is Sepulveda-Willow-Katella 32.5 miles, also city.  City goes farther.  I have over 1,000 square miles of city to hunt thru the Scavenger.

You want a tethered blimp?   The Spirit of America is based in Carson, California -- one of the Goodyear Blimps.  Several times everyday it is tethered, less than five miles from my house.  There is a giant balloon gorilla onto of the Skechers store at 190th and Vermont.

The past Scavenger finds were the Double Deck Bus, which I have a better picture for three together; the staircase I have to still up to in that has roughly 250 risers; and the fountain 200 from my house:

This is FUN!

« Last Edit: 11/06/10 at 13:32:20 by Paladin. »  
WWW   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #565 - 08/19/10 at 19:52:24

Oops I forgot to exclude blimps within a 100 mile radius of Paladin's house, or maybe Paladin should be restricted to only gorillas on car dealers (or mobile home dealers) which may be a tad harder to find there than here.  Cheesy

I was surprised babyhog let me pick something, with that non-spec stonework clock and all.

Edit: man you got lucky with that pipe going off so close to your house.  That happened to my parents in the early 70s, except the stream blasted right at the roof and flooded inside the house.  I thought it was cool and all at the time, today I'd freak out.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #566 - 08/19/10 at 22:57:23

Cool!  I can have breakfast, make it to San Diego, find a Gorilla Balloon, and be back for lunch by home.

Found out that there are eight inch caps on the street to close the valves.  As not been touched for 40 years that I know.  They were NOT easy to lift the caps.  One was under the fountain.  I know that the guy was cold.  About two dozen others police/firemen watched, dry.

WWW   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #567 - 08/20/10 at 06:17:37

I voted Boule'tard because Paladin has it so easy.  LOL  Good thing is, we can always depend on him to end the tough ones that nobody else seems to be able to find!  I think his handicap should be a 2-day waiting period!  LOL  I'm teasing you Paladin.  I love L.A.!!  And I'm even happier that you are back to riding.

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #568 - 08/20/10 at 06:34:28

I still don't understand why my actual pole clock, which was posted before Paladin's was excluded.  But it's ok, I didn't really want to choose a new one.  Just looking for a little love...

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #569 - 08/20/10 at 06:42:43

Yep jef.savage is actually the winner, first in with the correct clock, and with the best looking bike.  Definitely due for some gravy there.. babyhog kissies are a good consolation prize.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 120
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:22:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.