Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 120
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25884 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #540 - 08/07/10 at 12:49:36

A Respectable First.  Everyone have 35 hours to find a higher piles of steps....

WWW   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #541 - 08/07/10 at 18:07:00

The steps were easy for me.... I live in the friggin mountains!  The hard part was deciding which ones to take pictures of.  I'm downloading pics now.  Will edit in a few minutes....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #542 - 08/07/10 at 18:47:55

Ok.... Hubby and I went for a ride today.  Didn't take my bike, rode with him, so here are a few select pictures.  A link to all of the pics is at the bottom.

This is an Indian burial mound.  The steps spiral around both sides.  39 steps each, 2 runs, so 78 total, if you want to count that way.  Also add 7 up to the platform to the base of the mound.

Can you see the bike down by the tree?

I didn't count these, but I know there are over 100.  These go from a parking lot up to the football field at WV University of Technology.  I went to college there for a couple years and climbed these many times.

This set also goes to the football field, on the other end of the field.  I did count these -- 126.  Bottom 1/3 visible, top 2/3 go behind the trees...

On up, from that lowest 1/3 landing....

Now, our beautiful State Capitol building.  I didn't count these either, but I could....

Across the street from the Capitol is the river, and tons more steps that go all the way down into the water.  Couldn't get the bike over there.  But there was a cool looking sternwheeler coming up river while we were there and it turned around, right in the middle of the river, directly in front of where we were standing.  There are some pics in my album, along with others that I took riding down the road, etc...     http://s757.photobucket.com/albums/xx211/babyhog/Scavenger%20Hunt/Steps/

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #543 - 08/07/10 at 19:03:19

Baby how do you like riding on that 1500,Is the seat OK

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #544 - 08/07/10 at 19:11:35

bill67 wrote on 08/07/10 at 19:03:19:
Baby how do you like riding on that 1500,Is the seat OK

Its fine.  A little firm, but the width is good.  We rode probably 200 miles today and my a$$ isn't too sore...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #545 - 08/07/10 at 19:20:13

I had a Gold wing before my 1500 and the seat on the 1500 is better,My ex girl friend didn't like the 1500 she was 5 6 and didn't like being so high up and not cradled in like on the Gold wing so see wouldn't ride on it. On the Gold wing she liked to ride.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #546 - 08/09/10 at 04:46:44

Southpaw did a quick entry to 26 steps up a Church, combining two quests.  A beautiful green location of a stairway up the hill that kept people to keeping only respectable climbs.

Babyhog told people to don't bother, she has this quest!  Took her ride and proved to be her word:

1. An Indian burial mound.  The steps spiral, including a landing, with 78 steps to the top of 78 total.

2. These that go from a parking lot up to the football field at WV University of Technology.  I went to college there for a couple years and climbed these many times, not numbered but over 100.

3.  The second stairway to the football field, on the other end of the field, where counted these -- 126.  (which will thus have the other about the same.)

Again clean beautiful green foliage.

Congratulation!  The winner of the Quest of the Steps.  What is the Next Quest?

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #547 - 08/09/10 at 05:06:59

And just to let know I still can find things in Los Angeles -- even with both hands tied behind my back AND blindfolded!!  (Wendy helped.)
Click to my BLOG.
I counted 146 steps to the top.  (Unfortunately I counted 153 steps down.... )  I will be looking for the Baxter Stairs, in Echo Park, which should be even taller.

WWW   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #548 - 08/09/10 at 06:54:18

Ok, the next thing to find is an old fashioned clock on a post....  the bigger, the better, but this is not a size challenge...  first one wins!

something like this:  

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #549 - 08/10/10 at 23:46:41

I must say Piglet you live in a beautiful state,I have been through there while driving a big rig but I didn't get to see much then,mostly the highway.Nice pictures,and congrats on winning.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #550 - 08/17/10 at 05:52:57

No clocks??  What's the problem?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #551 - 08/17/10 at 08:40:54

I have been told that I need to have my hands tied with both behind my back *and* eyes blinded *and* me feet hog tied.  But I have one in think, nice modern....

WWW   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #552 - 08/17/10 at 09:32:14

Where is skatnbnc?  I know there is one in her town.  I just don't have time to get there!

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #553 - 08/18/10 at 01:57:05

If I knew my way around downtown Portland, and felt like risking life and limb in the traffic down there, I'm sure there's one around there somewhere.  But I know for a fact they have railcar tracks all over the place, and don't feel like seeing how the bike handles trying to change lanes with one of those running longways up it. Shocked

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #554 - 08/19/10 at 07:30:59

The old-timey clock is a good challenge for sure.  You would think that one of those renovated downtown "districts" would have one.. not around here.  

Then if you try to cheat  ..you know, break out the google-crutches.. you just get a bunch a companies that sell the clocks, not locations where one is installed.  Skatnbnc will have to ride to the rescue.  Smiley

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 120
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:36:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.