Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 120
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25884 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #525 - 07/30/10 at 18:37:25

oh, in the first post about it, sorry, didn't connect the two  
Undecided

sorry

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #526 - 07/30/10 at 18:41:22

Yea, but I went back and read drharveys initial post and he says "designed or initially used as a church..."  Now I'm confused...  Undecided

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #527 - 07/31/10 at 04:37:47

drharveys - FSO wrote on 07/26/10 at 14:17:36:
OK, this time we're going for "mostest".  The winner will be whoever collects the most points for recycled houses of worship.  To qualify, the structure must have been designed or initially used as a church, synagogue, mosque, chapel, cathedral, temple or shrine.  (Catholic schools or colleges, church affiliated colleges, Pakistani madrassas don't qualify, but if a college chapel was converted to, say, a food court or performance venue that building would.)

Nope, no change -- right there at the beginning.  Storefront churches would be another scavenger hunt challenge!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #528 - 07/31/10 at 13:43:29

Ok here is one that used to be a church and is now a funeral home      

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2010/07/28/bikepics-2028055-200.jpg

It seem there should be a way to take a picture and copy it to  this reply board without going thrugh bikepic or the like

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #529 - 07/31/10 at 15:22:51

I wonder how many points the Alamo would score?

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #530 - 07/31/10 at 21:00:32

Shoot ,  Head-out to Texas and "Let's find out"   I doin't want to be the only horse in this race !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #531 - 07/31/10 at 22:17:27

It would be a nice trip,as far as I'm concerned San Antonio is the only city/ town in Texas worth a darn, I spent a great 3 days there one year,we were only going to spend the night ,we were on our way to Padre Island, but liked it so much spent more time there,I also played a round of golf in that oppresive heat and humidity, there was a little stream running through the golf course ,lots of kids there catching crawdads, tried them later in a restaurante, they were habit forming,I loved em.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #532 - 08/01/10 at 16:01:54

OK, this time we're going for "mostest".  The winner will be whoever collects the most points for recycled houses of worship.
Mostest?  As in many recycled?   How about I go for a five hour ride....
5 points  Church building voluntarily de-sanctified and used for a secular purpose.
4 points  The building stays religious, but changes religion
2 points   The building is abandoned and is derelict or in ruins.

Ride the house about 9am to the Watts Towers Arts Center.  Just 200 yards away is St. John's United Methodist Church.  While it is an original and is still wall House of God  -- it is in cahoots with the Devil.  It has a locked room in the Bell Tower that holds an AT&T Cell Site.  (Lots of churches do this, easy money from the Devil.)

Run up to Downtown Los Angeles and at the Vibiana, 214 S. Main St.  Doesn't look like much, but the photos on their web site is plush: http://www.vibianala.com/mainmenu.html

Further north to Pasdena we come to the Holly Street Bar and Grill, in the Garden of Eden.  Ex-Church.

Besides the bar there are others, lease available for more.

At 4465 Melrose Ave, a church, but I am really sure change of what religion is was.

At 1401 W. Washingtom Blvd, another church, again a change of what religion is was.

5324 S Central, up for sell.

On 1900 W. 38th St, an ex-church to a Development Center, and back on the block, sell cheap!

Last church, about 2 pm, found another church for sale at 10216 S Denker Av -- again not an original religion, and again folded.  

My count is 51.  45 since I forgot to keep the bike in the picture.

« Last Edit: 11/06/10 at 13:29:17 by Paladin. »  
WWW   IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #533 - 08/01/10 at 18:29:50

I thought we ALL agreed that Paladin gets to play ONLY with his hands tied behind his back AND blindfolded!!  Cheesy

Geez - MAJOR win there P-man.

Next item for finding??

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #534 - 08/02/10 at 08:20:10

It's Paladin by acclamation!

I started to make a list of what points to give -- a church for sale is voluntarily decommissioned, but it's more points if it's secularized so we'll split the difference...

But it's obvious -- Paladin by Acclamation
                         MM Ranch take second with 13 points
                         Babyhog fills out the podium with 5 points

As for the rest of you -- quit quibbling and start riding!   Wink

Now let's see where Paladin is sending us!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #535 - 08/02/10 at 11:01:12

Big P seems to be the Master of the Scavenger hunt.  Smiley Nice going Big P ..  It does appear L.A. area has everything one could ever think of for a scavenger hunt.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #536 - 08/02/10 at 13:02:23

Think... Think...  ah...  hem... okay....

Elmadag mountain, near Ankara Turkey.  There were the equipment room and antennas, right at the top of the mountain.  A road, about a half a mile to ride to the barracks a bit below the top.   Also a path.  If you needed to get from the barracks to the equipment, in a rush, you could run up the stairs up the mountain, about 178 stairs.

I am looking for a outside stair, on a hill with the stairs on the ground.  Like this:

Just four stairs, or fourty, who ever finds the most stair raisers.  Go have the weekend to find, until 00:01am Monday (PST).

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #537 - 08/02/10 at 13:09:04

kimchris1 wrote on 08/02/10 at 11:01:12:
Big P seems to be the Master of the Scavenger hunt.  Smiley Nice going Big P ..  It does appear L.A. area has everything one could ever think of for a scavenger hunt.

This one was interesting.  Assume 3,000 persons per church, I have about 6,000,000 persons -- or about 2,000 churchs to look for.   If you are looking for things in nature, I'm lost.  You want things around people, I gots lots of people.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #538 - 08/02/10 at 13:24:57

But only a 1/2 hour from you lions, tigers and bears can be found.
lion attacks in orange county
tigers have been seen with angels.
bears all along the san gabriels
oh my.

WWW   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #539 - 08/07/10 at 09:14:07

Would this work? 26 steps if I counted right.

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 120
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:33:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.