Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 120
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25884 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #480 - 07/22/10 at 12:39:46

I went by three VFDs last weekend.  All locked up and dark.  
I vowed I would do it right, truck or person.  
I stick to my vows  Angry   You can ask my wife.  Kiss

Then again... special dispensation would move this along..   Roll Eyes (assuming I go past more VFDs on the run this weekend)  Checked the route, and only about 6 of them..  Grin   I'll make sure I'm sweeping so I can stop for a picture then run to catch up.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #481 - 07/22/10 at 12:52:52

I thought my stipulations would be easier, but its been a week, so just show me your bike in front of the fire station (even if its not Volunteer) and I'll be happy.  Move this puppy along....  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #482 - 07/22/10 at 13:41:47

My uncle's on a VFD (quite a ways from here), and just about the only time there's anyone in the station is right before or after a call; not sure if they're all like that.  They all just carry pagers that go off when there's a call, and they hurry down to the station.  Of course in a town of 300-400, that's not a long way to hurry. Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #483 - 07/22/10 at 15:51:51

babyhog wrote on 07/22/10 at 12:52:52:
I thought my stipulations would be easier, but its been a week, so just show me your bike in front of the fire station (even if its not Volunteer) and I'll be happy.  Move this puppy along....  

A fire house is easy enough.  I don't think this one is voluntary.. it's um, coercive and pitifully not decorated with a Savage.  So it's still game on for the fire dept. photo.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #484 - 07/22/10 at 16:08:52

le'tard got it....  

Rockin' Husky!.... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #485 - 07/22/10 at 16:49:12

Well I don't know if I got it or not, but if babyhog is happy with that, the next challenge is to park your bike at the grave of a person that has the same name as a motorbike, like "Vincent"  "Davidson" or "Savage" for that matter.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #486 - 07/22/10 at 18:16:41

Boule’tard wrote on 07/22/10 at 16:49:12:
Well I don't know if I got it or not, but if babyhog is happy with that, the next challenge is to park your bike at the grave of a person that has the same name as a motorbike, like "Vincent"  "Davidson" or "Savage" for that matter.

I'm happy!  Nice fire department, cool bike, and we already said it didn't have to be a Savage/S40, since we have a few who have changed bikes or ride other bikes also.  

And I'm glad to see you around!   Wink

(FYI, my idea behind the fire department is because of my son.  He's on a VFD, about to graduate as a Paramedic, and works for our city FD too, so feel free to post more pics!)  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #487 - 07/22/10 at 22:09:15

No volunteer FD's in Boston so I googled Mass. and found this one about 20 miles away.  Within seconds after the pic was taken a guy came running from the right and the door behind the rear tire opened.  An ambulance drove out and the guy got in.  They sat for a minute while a plain black pickup with red lights and a siren on came flying in.  He got in the ambulance and they left with lights and siren.  Didn't seem like a good time to approach them about a picture.  

This is an actual volunteer.  But he's a volunteer for an arts center that is housed in an old firehouse.  I know I'm late but I had to post them anyway after I worked so hard.

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #488 - 07/23/10 at 03:54:08

Congrats BabyH!
my younger son is also training, the High school offers EMT and Firefighting courses at the vocational center.
For him, its the first class he has ever been excited about!

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #489 - 07/23/10 at 04:53:59

Boule’tard wrote on 07/22/10 at 16:49:12:

You mean you guys can actually drive your bikes inside a cemetery and park it next to a tombstone ???  Huh

Can't do that here in Europe...

...maybe in Britain, but they aren't Europe (so they say...  Wink)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #490 - 07/23/10 at 05:39:31

Woohoo!  Nice pics jef!  I appreciate your efforts.   Smiley  Smiley

buttgoat, that's fabulous!  Even better if its something that has him excited.  Any way to keep the youngsters out of trouble and into something productive is a plus in my book.  My son started at the VFD when he turned 16.  He'll be 19 in a couple weeks and has loved it ever since.  I thought it was a great idea just for the exposure to so many different walks of life.  Look at all the different types of people that those guys get to meet.  Policemen, doctors of all sorts,..... so many possibilities to spark their interest in something.  And its great that the High School promotes it too.  I don't think our school had that, so you are one up!  Best of luck to your son!

Maruzio, the cemetaries where my Dad and step-dad are buried, I can ride the bike through, and did so last Father's Day.  There are paved "paths" throughout the properties.  Of course, I wouldn't advise riding on the grass, or onto any graves!  I might be able to find an applicable tombstone, facing the road, to get a pic.  I can think of several nearyby cemetaries where I would be able to ride.  

Can't do it in Europe because of being a motorcycle?  Loudness?  Maybe it seems insensitive?  But my Father never got to see me ride, and he was the one who inspired me to ride, so I had to go show him my bike!!        

Edit -- Here are a couple pics...
The Guard that fired the salute for my Dad, and me and best childhood friend.  This is the top row of a large cemetary, on the side of a pretty good hill.  Notice the slope, and the roads, and cars...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #491 - 07/23/10 at 06:21:46

You can in my cemetery too. And their is a Dr. Savage in there but I'm not in to taking pictures.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #492 - 07/23/10 at 06:26:05

Its hard to believe I lost my wife 23 years ago today,She loved going on motorcycle trips.My younger brother lost his wife 7 years ago,And my 12 year younger sister lost her husband last year,My older brother got married in 1955 and his wife is still here.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #493 - 07/23/10 at 06:40:32

bill67 wrote on 07/23/10 at 06:26:05:
Its hard to believe I lost my wife 23 years ago today,She loved going on motorcycle trips.My younger brother lost his wife 7 years ago,And my 12 year younger sister lost her husband last year,My older brother got married in 1955 and his wife is still here.

I'm sorry for your loss bill.  Take a ride today, and take her along in spirit.

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #494 - 07/23/10 at 09:45:05

Sorry for your loss Bill, gotta agree with Mpescatori's advice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 120
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 09:36:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.