Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 120
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25884 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #240 - 04/21/10 at 15:39:39

Indeed, good to see you back on here! Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #241 - 04/21/10 at 21:37:25

Whenever I think of a windmill, I think of this...

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #242 - 04/22/10 at 17:07:54

I've never heard that one before and I like Jim Stafford. Thanks for posting it, it was hilarious.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #243 - 04/23/10 at 05:51:10

I think I remember somebody (Mick ?) posting a comment about my participating to this Scavenger Hunt for a military plaque
PROVIDED
no Julius Caesar, napoleon or Garibaldi was in it  Grin

OK, so no Great'ums from the past.

So, may I humbly post a few (internet) pics of castles I've visited, without my trusty ol'iron heap...

This above is CASTEL DEL MONTE, perhaps the world's only octagonal castle, built by Frederic II in the 13th Century
Cool

This here below is a real eye opener

It's a Nuraghe (pronounce it noo-ra-gee) a fortified castle built in an undefined period of the Bronze Age

This is an artist's view of what the archaeologists think it looked like, anytime between 3000 BC and 500 BC  Shocked

Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #244 - 04/23/10 at 06:38:31

Yonuh Adisi

We still looking for a Wooden WindMill ?  

If so SomeOne from Tornado Alley  please get one , the only kind around here (Mid-TN) is the decorative kind.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #245 - 04/23/10 at 14:43:24

Where is that nuraghi?  It's way more elaborate than the ones I saw in Sardinia.

Of course, I haven't been there for a while, so they may have built some new ones!   Wink

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #246 - 04/23/10 at 23:15:49

Alright, she's not wooden, and she wont pump, but this is an old school windmill. Mulligan Springs golf course (the only 9 hole par3 golf course in Portage Co.). Used to be a fish hatchery back in the day and I'm sure the windmill had a part in that but either way this is as close as I can get...

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #247 - 04/24/10 at 06:57:07

looks very good to me,that was a real tough assignment,well done Doc.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #248 - 04/24/10 at 06:59:34

Good goin doc, but I think we'll have to let Yonuh judge this one....  it is a tough one...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #249 - 04/24/10 at 07:28:33

If no one can get the required one in two more days, Doc will be declared winner. So ya'll have till Monday afternoon.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #250 - 04/24/10 at 07:40:18

Fair enough

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #251 - 04/24/10 at 07:47:12

Not an entry, since it's from last summer, and I didn't have my bike. Sad  But I wanted to prove that they DO exist, and provide some encouragement if Doc's isn't accepted! Grin  This is the one Dad fell off of a couple years ago.  We were putting the head back on after a rebuild.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #252 - 04/25/10 at 23:59:35

Hello DrHarveys, thanks for the quote, I take it as a wonderful compliment !
Wink
As I said, I consider myself "non-runner" because... there just isn't much time for me to go out hunting for objects&things...

Furthermore, with a 6hr. time difference, I'm either 6 hrs. early or 18 hrs. late!  
Cheesy

The nuraghe I posted is "Su Nuraxi" ("x" in ancient Sardinian being pronounced like the French "j")
you'd pronounce it "Soo Noo-ra-jee" and it's so big (an entire village and a 5-tower castle, quite unusual) it is considered to be the only "royal residence" rather than a simple watchtower or warlord's dwelling.

Nuraxi were cone-shaped stone towers, at least 3 stories high, and you would ALWAYS enter from the 2nd floor through a ladder (a bit like some Mesa dwellings in the Mid/South West)

The oldest excavations have provided findings dating back to 2000 BC and beyond...
...which is in line with Egyptian incriptions quoting "shardana" (sardinian soldiers) as bodyguards to Pharaoh Amenophis IV:
These fierce fighters couldn't speak the language and would be faithful to their King to the end.

Pictured is the "horned, 4-eyed, 4 handed warrior"
Shocked
Read all abvout it at www.shardana.org (you'll need Google's online translator, but it's fascinating)
Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #253 - 04/26/10 at 02:39:24

John_D FSO wrote on 04/24/10 at 07:47:12:
Not an entry, since it's from last summer, and I didn't have my bike. Sad  But I wanted to prove that they DO exist, and provide some encouragement if Doc's isn't accepted! Grin  This is the one Dad fell off of a couple years ago.  We were putting the head back on after a rebuild.

I've got a picture of one (true wooden) with my bike.. I just forgot to get it off the phone and post it last night.   I'll get to it tonight.  I also need to come up with a new quest if the picture is a winner.  That won't be easy!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #254 - 04/26/10 at 07:01:47

youzguyz wrote on 04/26/10 at 02:39:24:
John_D FSO wrote on 04/24/10 at 07:47:12:

I've got a picture of one (true wooden) with my bike.. I just forgot to get it off the phone and post it last night.   I'll get to it tonight.  I also need to come up with a new quest if the picture is a winner.  That won't be easy!

I'll give till this evening, but you need to hurry.

I didn't expect the windmill to be such a difficult find. I guess I should have looked around to see how many folks participating were in the south west which is where most of these type of wind mills were located. I see three of them on my way to work every night, two on the same property.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 120
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:27:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.