Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 120
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25884 times)
jlsmedic

LIVE HARD RIDE
HARD.....LIVE YOUR
LIFE

Red Rock, AZ
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #210 - 04/12/10 at 23:43:56

this sucks.... I live in southern az .... uh no dams around here.... how did this thread get to the bottom of page two..... cmon Yall get with it. find a darn....dam. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #211 - 04/13/10 at 07:30:41

jlsmedic wrote on 04/12/10 at 23:43:56:
this sucks.... I live in southern az .... uh no dams around here.... how did this thread get to the bottom of page two..... cmon Yall get with it. find a darn....dam. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You're just 66 miles from 33.099442,-111.246872 . . .  but I can't tell from the aerial photo if the road is on top of the dam or beside it.  Looks like both, an L shaped dam.

It's 108 miles to 33.517645,-111.691571, but I can't tell from the map if you can get close enough to shoot a picture.

WWW   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #212 - 04/13/10 at 08:31:54

This really sucks, for the past few weeks the weather is great on my days to work, but on my days off it turns too bad to ride. This is getting irritating. I do want a pleasure ride every once in while you know, not just transport back and forth to work.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #213 - 04/14/10 at 07:17:23

Bumping this back to the top. Too much fun dont want it to end. There's a small dam about an hour from here and I'm taking off this afternoon to photograph it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #214 - 04/14/10 at 10:00:32

I can think of two here, but can't get the bike within  a mile of them...
... on the other hand,... I've now found two DD buses...

Go get'em Midnight...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #215 - 04/14/10 at 13:30:31

OK Paladin, this one is for you. Get well soon. Here is a small dam with no road across it. This place is for sale, wish I had the money to buy it. It is the site of an old grist mill that dates back to the 1800's. The old building is still standing but the millwheel is gone.

IP Logged
jlsmedic

LIVE HARD RIDE
HARD.....LIVE YOUR
LIFE

Red Rock, AZ
Reply #216 - 04/14/10 at 16:13:26

yeahhhhy new clue!!!!
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #217 - 04/15/10 at 09:32:17

Midnightrider, great pic of a great location. The weather has finally warmed up nicely here and I would love to get in on this hunt, so what's the next challenge?

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #218 - 04/15/10 at 15:51:11

Guys I just got in from a 308mi ride with the Old Geezer Gang. These old men will kill ya. One of em is 64 and the other one is 65. I'm the youngest one at 55. Ok I recently started flying RC Airplanes again. Spiked my interest in old airplanes. Find me a single engine private aircraft made before 1970. There are thousands of private airstrips with old airplanes in them so get to work.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #219 - 04/17/10 at 09:03:43

We have a local private air strip not far from my house.  My son is friends with a man who has a plane, I could probably get him to go over with me.  But we got a little cool weather and its been windy as he!!.  Bought blew me and the bike off the road yesterday.  Was not fun.  lol  
So how can I tell if its pre-1970?  Guess I'll have to ask?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #220 - 04/17/10 at 18:18:02

I can probably tell from the picture what model the plane is. Jerry E is a pilot and instructor but he doesnt have a digital camera. He might even own a plane that qualifys. Its been really windy here in NC too. Take your time and ride when its safe.

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #221 - 04/18/10 at 16:59:25

Here's one from the "You'd just have to take my word for it" file.  I rode over to the private airport this afternoon to get a picture.  There were signs all over the place announcing the owners' reluctance to have me riding around unchaperoned.  In light of the complete lack of common sense associated with anything airplane that has swept our nation in recent years, I decided that blowing through the gate to photograph someone's private plane while dressed in black leather might be counterproductive.  

None of the planes were visible from the main road, so I went home.  I was changing the oil in our bikes, when a plane took off from the airport, which is roughly aligned with my property.  The camera was still in my bag on the bike, so I grabbed it, getting oil all over the darn thing, laid down to try to get a little motorcycle in the shot, and pulled the trigger.  If you look real hard, you can see the plane just to the right of the mirror.

It's hardly a winning shot, but after all that work, I had to tell someone about it.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #222 - 04/18/10 at 17:05:40

I'll have to see what I can do tomorrow since it will be my first day off.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #223 - 04/18/10 at 17:06:53

As the old saying goes "get real" !

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #224 - 04/18/10 at 18:06:19

I hate to waste good fresh oil by letting it sit idle, so I rode into Kalispell.  I don't know how old this plane is, but it has been hanging right there for as long as I can remember, which would put it in the 70's or earlier.

And here is one of their functioning planes inside the fence, which appeared to have bugs on the windshield that were older than 1970.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 120
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:22:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.