Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Metallic Rubbing noise @ RPM's Just above idle (Read 280 times)
jabman

England
Re: Metallic Rubbing noise @ RPM's Just above idle
Reply #15 - 03/12/10 at 04:42:34

PipJones wrote on 03/11/10 at 08:48:17:
Yeah, I had thought about the new cam and carb, but i'm just trying to get this thing safe to scoot around on until i can afford something bigger.
I know, I know, bigger isn't always better.... but i'd like to be able to do at least 120 on my next bike.

While replacing the timing chain tensioner, do you have to lock the cam or crank in place? or can you remove the timing chain tensioner without worrying about it jumping time?

If you have to keep tension on the chain..... vice grips to keep tension on it???? any ideas?

~Pip Jones

is that 120 mph or just 120 miles in between fill ups  Smiley

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 03/12/10 at 05:29:00

Alot of members have gotten this bike intending to get a bigger one later.... then they fall in Savage LOVE....    Kiss

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
PipJones

Fort Worth, Tx
Reply #17 - 03/12/10 at 07:52:19

Yeah 120 miles per hour

I do love my bike, I just want one that i can take out on VERY long roadtrips. I live in Fort Worth TX and my wife is from Midland TX and we travel there like once a month. I'd like a bike that can get us both there comfortably and without having to stop 4 or 5 times for fuel.

I do need to fix this issue tho. I'll update again when i look at the status of the tensioner.

Thanks for the help!

Gargle, sputter, burp and die!!! The ways of my LS650!!!!!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 03/12/10 at 21:30:09

AHHH, Now I get it. You want a bike with the power to overcome the suction West Texas creates. Going into that part of the world makes me cringe. We had a house on Bellaire in Midland. I hope I never have to go west of Abilene again.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
PipJones

Fort Worth, Tx
Reply #19 - 03/15/10 at 08:56:24

Yeah, the only good thing abt Midland (In my books) is you can basically shoot up nuts wherever you want to. But I def need a bigger bike to counteract the WEST TEXAS winds and what not.

But thats for a later date.....

Today SAVAGE.....

Tomorrow...... Who knows.

Gargle, sputter, burp and die!!! The ways of my LS650!!!!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:30:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Metallic Rubbing noise @ RPM's Just above idle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.