Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
manual decomp question (Read 72 times)
pitbullcustoms

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

manual decomp question
03/08/10 at 18:38:56

so as some of you  know ive been having a hard time starting the bike as of late i charged the battery checked for spark and fuel all i get is a click on single click its coming from the decomp control... i check the control and its all corroded.. and the decomp wired are aswell.. long story short im want to try to remove and rewire for a manual decomp lever anyone ever done this? and how would i rewire it?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: manual decomp question
Reply #1 - 03/08/10 at 19:02:28

If it works let us know.

Mine "CHUNKS" backward on shut down, I have a feeling a decompression at shut down would stop that sudden stop and push backward.

Verslagen you seem to know about these things .   Does the starter relay work thrugh the Decompression  action ?   Could a person work a momentary switch onto the decompression system ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 03/08/10 at 23:24:55

I have a switch,,

That I can hit, even with the key IN MY POCKET & the engine turns over. It wont start w/ ignition off, of course. It applies the hotwire under the seat, directly to the decomp timer. That tells the starter when to start turning. Study the wiring diagram. Im not able to remember how its connected any more. Ive explained it about a dozen times. Good luck finding it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pitbullcustoms

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/09/10 at 13:54:17

ok i will look into that im not sure if its the control unit or the solenoid it self yet.. so if that doesnt work has anyone put a lever to manually operate the decomp controller? and does anyone have a picture of there set up? i dont get to much time to work on the bike untill the weekend so im trying to check all possible options so that i can get it running this weekend..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 03/09/10 at 15:30:57

You can run out & have a look up under the tank & start figuring your plan of attack. Its a cable that is pulled by the solenoid, so, you could just leave everything there & just add a cable & give it a yank to engage the decomp, hold it,,, hoooold it, & as soon as the engine is spinning over good, let go.  It doesnt have to be pretty, its to prove something. YOu can either fix your decomp or keep it manual, once you prove it works.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:33:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › manual decomp question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.