will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: turbulator, revisited
Reply #15 - 02/27/10 at 18:54:39

bill67 wrote on 02/26/10 at 09:08:01:
  The air is being sucked why would the air be unstraight

Have ever flushed a toilet?

Next time you visit someone with indoor plumbing give it a try.

Now just so happens, the savage plumbing looks very similar only upside down.

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 02/27/10 at 19:14:39

That clears it up Roll Eyes

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #17 - 03/08/10 at 09:05:15

JB, that's a sweet build.  I'm jealous! Looking at the dimensions it looks like you are in the sweet spot of tube length being 6-8 times the diameter.  I just say 7 times to make it simple.  

For those who don't fully understand the riding difference, and I don't know if I can fully explain it myself to the scientific degree that some desire, it does make a difference.  It's not necessarily more power.  It is more usable power.  The low to midrange torque is noticablely stronger and it gives the powerband more width and depth.  It doesn't add more power to the motor but instead makes the motor work better.  Simple as that.  

For me, I had to downsize my pilot jet.  Well, not necessarily downsize, but switch from one with bleed holes to one without.  This is because the changes in airflow dynamics created a better overall vacuum and pulls fuel up through the jets with more efficiency.  This I know for sure.  What I don't know for sure but resonably suspect is that the improved airflow results in better atomization of the fuel and improved cylinder filling.  

If my top speed increased any it was maybe a 1 or 2 mph.  But that's not the benefit of the turbulator.  Stop and go riding, riding around town, riding mountain curves and such, it made my bike a lot more fun to ride.  Also, the transitions between jets became smoother, making it easier to tell if the jets were set just right and easier to fine tune and know when you got it just right.  

So, it didn't add anything to the motor/power, it improved what was there and how it rides.   If you ran the bike as a drag bike, primarily at wide open throttle all the time, there is a point where it might start to become restrictive.  But I think the percentage of time that my bike has seen even 4500 rpm is less than 1% if that much. But it sees 1100 to say 35-3800 rpm all the time.  And this is where the turbulator makes a lot of difference.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 03/08/10 at 11:18:18

I think you need independant testing.
I volunteer.
Cool

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 03/08/10 at 11:28:09

Being it restricts the air it helps the low end,You can put a sleeve in your intake manifold and restricts the air and it will help your low end power,It makes the mixture richer.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 03/08/10 at 13:22:53

bill67 wrote on 03/08/10 at 11:28:09:
 Being it restricts the air it helps the low end,You can put a sleeve in your intake manifold and restricts the air and it will help your low end power,It makes the mixture richer.

I like my shirt sleeves where they are thank you.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:30:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › turbulator, revisited

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.