Send Topic Print
freakin rear wheel! (Read 296 times)
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: freakin rear wheel!
Reply #15 - 02/17/10 at 09:28:52

My $.02 is take off the tire and either get it patched or put in a new tube, I wouldnt want to rely that heavily on slime holding air.

I have used Slime in leaking car and lawnmower tires and not been really pleased, it slowed the leak but oozed a lot, just delayed the inevitable.

However, I got a different type of sealer at the NAPA store, it was more of a gritty granular type of material and it seemed to seal much better than Slime.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #16 - 02/17/10 at 10:35:32

i've patched alot of car tires, alot of people don't know u have to inflate the tire to patch it lol a friend of mine said his brand new car tire was shot cuz it wouldn't hold a patch. i show up to him poking a completely flat tire lol

it's the little things that make the difference!

i cleaned the stem and resat it, hopefully it'll hold!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #17 - 02/17/10 at 11:10:49

BurnPgh wrote on 02/16/10 at 21:46:57:
Take the wheel off and go to a shop. Tire spoons are NO FUN and you'll likely pinch the tube several times before you get the tire back on the rim. Last time I tried with spoons I pinched the tube 6 friggin times. I finally ran out of patches and patience and took the wheel to the dealer. The time and effort getting the tire off and back on the rim is well worth the +/- $30 to have a shop do it.

yeah - it's realy hard the first time, but with persistence you'll get it figgered out.  I say D.I.Y. !

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 02/17/10 at 11:18:37

Hmm, I think I pinched a tube, once, when I was a kid. Just gotta put a bit O air in them & watch out some, its not that hard to not pinch it. Tuff part is holding the wheel & getting the tire over the edge of the rim & getting it to seat evenly around the rim.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #19 - 02/17/10 at 13:22:07

well, it's losing about a pound per hour, which is not good @ all! SO i'll attempt to take it off myself.

problem is i won't be able to for about 5 days......it better not be nice riding weather while i'm waiting!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 02/21/10 at 20:27:31

Hay Guys

I started using the sealer and balancer from the bike shop, over 20 years ago and haven't had a flat since  

One quick deflate going down hill, rideing double, with a curve at the bottom from 60 mph ,  was enougth to make me say  "NEVER AGAIN".  (Honda 500 4cyl.)

Also a patch is not going to hold for long.   Get a new tube and be done with it.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:20:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › freakin rear wheel!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.