Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rear wheel bearing problem? (Read 276 times)
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Rear wheel bearing problem?
Reply #15 - 01/25/10 at 12:34:53

sounds like it's time to get that baby up and spin that rear tire looking anything a miss - likely pull it apart - give you a chance to check the brake shoes and feel of the bearing and lube the axle shaft - could be the bearings I reckon or something going on with the rubber mounts

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #16 - 01/25/10 at 12:51:33

its lookin that way  if i was to slacken the belt tension all the way off and then re tighten the axle so there is zero belt pressure on the pulley    if it still clicks would this eliminate the pulley bearing????? Huh

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #17 - 01/25/10 at 14:17:23

all the bearings are on the same axle shaft so doubt if any tension would matter as to which one is clicking if that is the problem

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #18 - 01/26/10 at 00:07:59

ill look in the manual but does anyone know if a 'special' tool is needed.

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 01/26/10 at 10:13:29

You'll be wishing for a chest mounted 3rd arm when you go back together, but itll go & no special tools needed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #20 - 01/26/10 at 10:47:18

ha  ill get a friend to help then  Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 01/26/10 at 11:44:07

The hassle is getting the brake arm slot & the swingarm rail lined up as the brake assy slips into the hub & the axle holes line up. Its not real hard, just takes some time to figure out what to hold & how to hold it. One of those "Hold your mouth just right" things. But, if you have a friend who will be there & help, then you oughta do it that way, just to make it more fun.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 01/26/10 at 12:25:09

U sure it's not just a small stone or a piece of glass stuck in your tire?? It takes a REALLY messed up bearing to hear it click click when you ride. Dangerously messed up.

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #23 - 01/26/10 at 12:42:09

yer thats why im tryin to do somethin about it   dont they cause a locked wheel if they collapse on yer. on my old pedal bike, if i clipped a kerb or something with a pedal, i would hear an identical sound to this. a busted bearing which could only be cured by buying a new set of pedals.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 01/26/10 at 13:37:21

Eventually they will lock the wheel. Sooner or later. Nevertheless, screw hypothetical stuff, if nothing is stuck in your tire - change them ASAP. On those things, if there's any doubt - there's no doubt.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 01/26/10 at 13:40:54

Oh - if you've never done it - say it. It is easy to mess the bearing seat up if ur a rookie. Takes a special tool or a handy trick to get the first one out. Second one is easy.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 02/20/10 at 16:23:29

I had what I took to be bearing noise. I purchased replacement bearings online, but before installing them I tried a spray can of GUNK silicone lube. The rude noises went away within a mile. I will swap the bearings when I replace the rear skin next summer.

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #27 - 02/21/10 at 00:04:20

it was some loose spokes after all  well i guess i have gained a new skill in changing wheel bearings

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:24:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear wheel bearing problem?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.