Send Topic Print
Apes or nahh? (Read 360 times)
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Apes or nahh?
Reply #15 - 01/20/10 at 10:12:50

I got 10" apes from the local Harley dealer.  I've since switched to a custom made T-bar but I loved these things.

I'm about 5'9" and with a lowered seat these were at perfect shoulder height.  Anything taller and you're gonna start losing circulation in your arms.  Surprisingly these bars make the bike pretty easy to steer.  Once you get the bike leaned into a turn, your body weight pulls on the outside grip and keeps the bike leaned nicely.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
BHBobber
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

dirty jerz
Reply #16 - 01/20/10 at 14:10:20

yo bobbert i like your bike alot man,im doin 17" on mine.call me crazy but when it comes to bikes im more fashion over function haha.but i wanted to ask you how and where you got your longer cables.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #17 - 01/20/10 at 14:35:09

With 10 inch mini apes, unless you are switching from the drag bars to the apes, all you have to do is re-route the cables. But since you are going with 17 inch apes you will definately need new cables. Unfortunately I do not know where to pick any up at.

The clutch cable for a Honda CB550 is just a tad bit longer than stock, and is a direct swap, but I do not know if it will be long enough for 17 inch apes.

Now all of ya'll should have known I was gonna post a pic of the FireLizard in this thread. lol

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #18 - 01/22/10 at 18:17:43

Nice rat! Now drop out of school and get rid of those chrome head covers. Keeps them guessing longer.   Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
savagejoe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/23/10 at 04:35:57

I was thinking about a similar mod for my bike did you just spray your wheels or are they powder coated. if they are sprayed how does it hold up.  I am also running the 12.5 apes on mine and i just had to rerun my cables.

joe

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #20 - 01/23/10 at 07:05:49

I've got some 10" ones to add to mine sometime before next season starts... I picked up cables from the Savage to put on mine, so I've heard the S40 ones will be a bit too short.

Someone on the board here is able to get custom lengths cut.... But his username slips me at the moment.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:28:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Apes or nahh?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.