Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Half face helmets (Read 1029 times)
ero4444

weekender

Re: Half face helmets
Reply #60 - 01/19/10 at 09:56:57

I am still looking for a new fullface helmet and evaluated Snell vs DOT standards and testing results of each.  Snell allows (REQUIRES) higher impulse/forces on the head because the tests include 2 impacts, if I recall.  This stiffens the required construction in order to pass Snell tests.  DOT tests result in lower forces on the head for a single impact.  

I'm getting a DOT helmet.  Snell sounds good but it is not necessarily "better".

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #61 - 01/19/10 at 10:29:48

I still think,.. no matter how good half your face looks after the accident,... it's not gonna' be the same without the other half... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #62 - 01/19/10 at 10:35:37

Serowbot wrote on 01/19/10 at 10:29:48:
I still think,.. no matter how good half your face looks after the accident,... it's not gonna' be the same without the other half... Huh

+1  Smiley

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #63 - 01/19/10 at 11:12:11

EJID wrote on 01/19/10 at 10:35:37:
Serowbot wrote on 01/19/10 at 10:29:48:

+1  Smiley

+2  Smiley

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 01/19/10 at 11:30:44

this might be my next helmet

http://www.g-max.com/gmax/gm44s.html

now if I can find it in silver. . .

IP Logged
Biddie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 01/19/10 at 21:27:20

I have a modular and also a full face. When I was hit the back of my head hit the ground then I rolled and the front visor was scraped up as well, so I will always stick with the full coverage.

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #66 - 01/20/10 at 07:00:28

Full face helmet...I live in a State with no helmet law but I wear one riding my bicycle, when I ski and when I go climbing...why not when riding my suzi??? Besides it gives me peace-of-mind. I don't fault anyone for NOT wearing one but for me I feel nekkid w/o one...

(btw, there is NO augument you can give me telling me it's SAFER w/o one)

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #67 - 01/20/10 at 11:27:26

Several different helmets here - the 3/4 open face I wear much of the time on the beach/dirt bike - let's me wear some serious shades that are easy to clean and the wipe outs are into soft stuff - on the open road I wear a full face nolan x-lite 901 - in addition to more coverage to keep out the bugs, rocks, and various flying debris it is a very quite helmet little wind or engine noise has air vents all over the place to clear the fog or let out the heat and of course the backwards baseball cap for short beer runs.      

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #68 - 01/21/10 at 12:57:38

I stumbled across this page:  http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm
Lots of info about helmets!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #69 - 01/24/10 at 04:42:32

Thanks babyhog on the info. It seems no matter how much info a person has on this subject, some just seem to think that no helmet is okay. Well again we can argue this back and forth and still have the same outcome.
It's not that I don't have the confidence in myself or my riding, I don't have the confidence in others driving.
Also I suffered a concussion a few years ago from getting hit in the head at work. So I know it does not take a huge blow to the head to cause that.
I will continue to wear my ff and if I go down at least know I have some kind of protection on my skull..

IP Logged
iMc
YaBB Newbies

San Antonio, TX
Reply #70 - 02/08/10 at 15:42:16

ff, 1/2, 3/4 it's all personal preference and how much risk you're willing to accept.

What do y'all think of this?

http://www.blutekhelmet.com/helmetDisplay.php?prodId=4

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #71 - 02/08/10 at 15:58:25

iMc wrote on 02/08/10 at 15:42:16:
ff, 1/2, 3/4 it's all personal preference and how much risk you're willing to accept.

What do y'all think of this?

http://www.blutekhelmet.com/helmetDisplay.php?prodId=4

Looks neat and all, but in my opinion, I get on my bike to enjoy the ride and focus on me, my bike, and the ride. Distractions like music or phone calls interrupt that peace and tranquility that I seek. Things can seem to happen so much quicker with less response time on a bike too, so the added distractions can slow reaction times in my opinion. So, not for me, but a nice looking helmet (I don't even see DOT or SNELL approvals listed anywhere on their website either  Embarrassed )

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
iMc
YaBB Newbies

San Antonio, TX
Reply #72 - 02/08/10 at 16:21:47

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #73 - 02/08/10 at 19:16:54

The girl or the helmet is dot approved?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #74 - 02/08/10 at 20:02:19

Must be the girl -- DOT does not approve or certify helmets.

As for the BlueTooth helmet -- I want absolutely nothing that may distract me from the task of riding collision free.  I also do not have any confidence in the driving of others, which is why I want to be able to keep an eye on *all* of them at *all* times.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:24:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Half face helmets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.