Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage can exchange bike parts with... (Read 532 times)
kk lewi

Suki Love Rocks!

Eastern NC
Savage can exchange bike parts with...
10/22/09 at 18:32:27

Hi folks,

I thought I saw a post on here with which bikes we could easily change parts.  I can't seem to find it now with search.

I'm the kind of guy that fixes stuff with superglue when I can.  A motorcycle exchange list that I could learn (and buy) from would be immensely helpful.  I intend to run Suki Love till she is older than I am.   Cool  She's a 2007 that I've had since a baby (140 miles).

Are all Savage parts compatible?  Are there any other Motorcycles that Suki will accept?

Thank you for Suki Love   Smiley

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Savage can exchange bike parts with...
Reply #1 - 10/22/09 at 18:44:38

some other suzi parts inter change..
some other metric parts
some other sae parts
any specifics?

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/22/09 at 18:51:14

With enough Super-glue,... all bike parts are interchangeable... and a lot of car parts too...  
I even have VCR parts.... Huh

Main ones,..  are Harley, Sportster and Dyna, and Suzi Intruders...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 10/23/09 at 06:52:00

I think he's looking for more specific type situations...

We know that Intruder shocks are interchangeable with the S40

Mirrors are a standard Metric interchangeable with many other Metric Bikes

Grips are a for a standard 1" bar

Rider Pegs are a male mount (can use Harley or other, but might need minor modification)

I think he was looking for these types of suggestions. Personally, I know I would like to know what other Windshield mounting systems that mount on the forks could be interchangeable. (Find tons of used Harley W/S on ebay, but don't know that any of them will fit the S40 forks)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/24/09 at 10:30:42

Somebody posted that clutch pack is the same as on SV650...

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 10/24/09 at 22:44:07

Front fork/triple tree assembly from early 80's GS450/550 is a direct swap.  You get a larger disc or even dual disc brakes up front for a substantial increase in braking power, along with in many cases a pressurized air assist in the fork tubes.  Also, depending on the model, you can have a choice between standard spoke wheels or mag style so that you can use tubeless tires.

dual discs up front w/ 19" mag wheel

16" rear mag wheel even fits exactly the stock Savage brake shoe assemble...very convenient  Smiley

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 10/25/09 at 06:30:46

Man!! I'd love to see those GS wheels on a stock S40!! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #7 - 10/25/09 at 06:42:22

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 10/25/09 at 09:48:57

Normally, I dont ride another mans bike, but I would dearly love a shot at Lancers, just to see how much I need to do to mine.

Hey, that muffler in the chair... how come its blue "Riiight There"? Why was that one band so much hotter?

Do you keep it W/O a front fender for the bobber look or for weight?
Kinda surprised theres no fork brace on that one..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #9 - 10/25/09 at 09:58:04

all i have to say, is that lancer's bike is RIDICULOUS!!!!

seriously, that thing looks wicked...i say it everytime i see it! lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 10/25/09 at 10:01:39

Without a good pic of the muf, I don't remember, it maybe just as illusion.  it was off a parts bike and was available for temp useage.

We worked on it for 3 days and was lucky to get to that point in the SC summer heat.  The fine details like fenders and braces weren't neccessary at the time.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 10/26/09 at 02:32:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/25/09 at 09:48:57:
Normally, I dont ride another mans bike, but I would dearly love a shot at Lancers, just to see how much I need to do to mine.

Hey, that muffler in the chair... how come its blue "Riiight There"? Why was that one band so much hotter? Do you keep it W/O a front fender for the bobber look or for weight?
Kinda surprised theres no fork brace on that one..

The header w/ welded on HD muffler on the chair came from the parts bike, and as yet have not had any time to mess with it, so can't say about the exhaust coloring other than there was a hot spot at some time.  Was it from the engine or from the welding process ???????????????

I had to finally break down and buy a new battery for REX.  It seems that after a full 24 hrs on the charger at Advance Auto the old battery showed 12.5 v but only 2 A....should have been 13.5 v and 200 A.  Just a weeeeeeeeeeee bit short on cranking power.  The new one should be here today or tomorrow.
I am at my sons place for the next couple of days as Beverly has some Dr app's for 2 days and this cuts our commute in half; besides, we get to play with the grandkids.   Cheesy

Oh, new battery at Advance auto was $92 for gel type, no maint.  On ebay, very same batter was $53, incl shp.  Replacing the dry cell Odyssey I had before was going to be $135-140, incl shp.  I really loved that Odyssey but bucks were too short to get it right now.  May get one later and put the gel on the parts bike after it is resurrected.  That could take....................who knows ?  I'm so freaking slow getting stuff done it even drives me nuts.

Hey Slavy, wanna come back and help finish the sheet rock in the kitchen  with me ?  Then the new counter top, then the paint, then floor, the refinish cabinets; etc, etc, etc.    Lips Sealed

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #12 - 10/27/09 at 12:34:06

Lancer  how does that long intake work out.  The added time and distance have a effect of fuel mixture ?

Looks like a fun machine,

Mike

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 11/15/09 at 21:12:48

PerrydaSavage wrote on 10/25/09 at 06:42:22:

Be warned Gs450 rear wheels will work with a lot a of d1cking around (go ahead...ask me how I know). Don't bother. Just cleared it up with Lancer. His rear is a '83-'86 GS550L wheel. I looked through a bunch of bikebandit micros and couldnt find any other model that has that particular rear wheel with drum brakes. Most 550's either had spokes, disc brake, or both. '83-'86 unless you want to pull a verslagen and mod for a rear disc. Since the 450 and 550 rear wheel slook the same how do you tell them apart? 450s are 2.15" wide, 550's are 2.5" and the width should be stamped somewhere on the rim so ask the seller before you buy.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 11/15/09 at 21:24:35

I went the Lancer route, GS550L rear, couldn't spend the time to make it work.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:21:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage can exchange bike parts with...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.