Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: vests!!
Reply #15 - 10/13/09 at 06:25:38

JohnBoy wrote on 10/13/09 at 04:33:01:
Hell, in Compton CA they used to shoot you for just wearing the wrong color! Bloods and crips.
Hard to believe that people are that crazy, sad!

right!!
even a bandana hangin outa my back pocket..unbeleivable

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #16 - 10/13/09 at 06:28:11

I will remain patchless.

07 S40
  IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #17 - 10/13/09 at 06:37:11

Quote:
A two-piece patch signifies a motorcycle club in transition to an outlaw club, awaiting approval from the outlaw motorcycle clubs to become a three-piece patch.

The Harley Owners Group has a two piece patch and they are not in transition. I have never heard of a confrontation between a 1% outlaw mc and a local HOG chapter. Maybe some one on one disagreements but nothing on a club level.

There is an online only worldwide MC that you can join that has an established membership (www.silentskulls.com). They have a one piece patch that could be mistaken for a 3 piece set but again I haven't heard of any problems.

It does have a lot to do with where you live and your own attitude. I would advise against trying to be what you are not. While imitation is sometimes viewed as the sincerest form of flattery, this doesn't apply to 1%'ers.

« Last Edit: 10/13/09 at 13:20:04 by Mr. Hyde »  

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #18 - 10/13/09 at 13:12:21

i've heard stories of guys with the angel's logo tatted on them that weren't members. angels cut the tat off and kept it as a prize lol

when i first got my savage, it being my first bike, i thought that leather vests were only for harly guys. since i got one that i can carry with, that notion is out the window. i was just wondering what everyone else's take was on it.

i did a little asking around, and have seen a couple of other mc's that aren't huge. one being the black pistons, they looked like the real deal.

and i found a 99% patch, i thought it was hilarious but not sure how they would take it!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #19 - 10/13/09 at 19:15:42

Wear your vest and put all the small patches on that you want especially if they are patriotic/veteran patches. The '1%', 'MC' and rockers are the ones that could get you into trouble. the rest are fine. If you are in doubt, ask some one that is in a MC for advice. I belong to Bikers Against Child Abuse and have a back patch and other patches on my vest. The only patch that had to be approved by the MC's was the big back patch.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #20 - 10/13/09 at 19:32:25

good call! so if they're small patches i'm good!

i was thinking of joining a good cause, there's so many down here. i see alot of bikers for Christ and bikers against drugs i believe....something like that would be worth while

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #21 - 10/13/09 at 19:47:48

Rocco have you ever thought about the "Bikers against Child Abuse"?
I've always heard great things about them.
And I was thinking you were partial to children.Wasnt that you that said that? Undecided

But with your Karate type training....it would work well.
Just to be feared by the abuser Wink
(Not that you would ever be involved in any type fighting.)

Just a thought. Plus bet it would be a good bunch of guys to be around Smiley
Heck,I need to join that group  Grin   For real Cool

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #22 - 10/13/09 at 21:09:30

Rocco, I sent you a pm with info on BACA. If anyone else is interested the link to the BACA website is in my signature line. http://www.bacausa.com/

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #23 - 10/13/09 at 21:57:13

Here is a nice looking vest.  

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #24 - 10/14/09 at 09:07:47

freespirit u are correct!! i teach the kids class, and i've become a problem solver for all the kids who have it tough emotionally. i have alot of personal experience with this and i'm thrilled when i can help someone else!

thank u 12bravo!! the orlando branch is the closest to me, and i agree with everything they stand for. unfortunately i don't have alot of free time, so i'm not sure how much use i would be.

i'm an honorary member of the guardian angels, if anyone remembers them from up north in the subways. my instructor is one for a very long time, and personal friends with curtis sliwa. my sparring instructor is the chapter head down here, i might see what he has patch wise.

i just want it to be something legit, and for a good cause!

IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #25 - 10/14/09 at 10:51:00

The patch and rockers on the back of the vest DJ posted denotes a member of an "Owners Group" (and SOC Veteran Riders Group). I also belong to the Suzuki Owners Club, NA, and I have not encountered any trouble whatsoever wearing my patches. The Suzuki Owners Club is fairly new and is similiar to what the Harleys Owners Group is to Harley Owners. Information on joining can be found at www.suzukiownersclub.org I'd love to have more Savage riders join me at the Rallys (they're a blast!). Any "Biker Club/Motorcycle gang member knows the difference between them and an "Owners Club". "Owners Club" members, like the general public, do not usually encounter trouble with Bikers/Motorcycle Gang members unless they are disrespectful in some way. Common sense, and common courtesy, speak volumes louder than an "Owners Club" patch/rocker. Cool

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #26 - 10/14/09 at 12:37:07

runwyrlph wrote on 10/12/09 at 16:33:11:
i'm totally ignorant, but intrigued. what's all this about vest patches and what are "rockers" ?  

are there really MC clubs that would beat you for wearing the wrong patch?  

here in washington state a couple of dudes got killed for pretending they were ageles.

YES IT DOES MATTER

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #27 - 10/14/09 at 13:32:51

sluggo wrote on 10/14/09 at 12:37:07:
runwyrlph wrote on 10/12/09 at 16:33:11:
i'm totally ignorant, but intrigued. what's all this about vest patches and what are "rockers" ?  

are there really MC clubs that would beat you for wearing the wrong patch?  

here in washington state a couple of dudes got killed for pretending they were aNgeles.

YES IT DOES MATTER

impersonation and bad patch design are 2 different matters, but certainly worth remembering.

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #28 - 10/14/09 at 17:43:06

If you get hooked up with a owners club or riders club or even just get a OC or RC patch you will be ok as long as you don't have double rockers on the back of your vest. The 1%'s tend to leave the owner and rider clubs alone cause they are more civilized and no real threat to the hard core motorcycle clubs.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #29 - 10/15/09 at 13:40:02

good deal!! i see them all over, although the higher ranking guys now drives porsches and wear suits(less cop attention) i'd rather not aggravate for no reason. a vest is not worth me getting shot over lol

i heard there was a club down here that flat blacks everything including the forks and bars, and one has an ammo box installed....lets hope they see my single and notice it's not a v-twin  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 01:20:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › vests!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.