vests!! (Read 492 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
vests!!
10/11/09 at 17:15:36

i finally had a day off 2day, and went to the gun show with a friend of mine. i am looking into getting my concealment, and i got this sweet leather vest that has carry pockets inside.

there's nothing on the vest, except for a small biohazard symbol that i put on the front chest over the heart.

the outlaws, pagaens, and i believe bandidos are big down here. i was wondering if anyone ever had any trouble from wearing anything that closely related mc clothing. i have some family affiliated but they are jail.

i originally bought a sport jacket so there'd be no confusion, but i couldn't help myself on this one lol i plan on leaving the back letter free. just wondering what u guys thought on the topic ! ! !

i also got a pair of leather gloves for 5 bucks! if they last a month i got my money's worth!   Cool

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: vests!!
Reply #1 - 10/11/09 at 18:27:38

Rocco you really spend $60 a year on gloves. Your from the new school I'm from the old school. Smiley

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/11/09 at 19:46:04

I can't speak for FL but the Hells Angles are big in AZ. The biggest chapter is right up the road in Cave Creek (Sonny Barger's home). I never seen a problem around here.
I believe that with that crowd you get trouble when you make trouble. Ain't the president of the Outlaws doing about twenty five years? That ought to make them keep a low profile.
The Mongols colors were RICOéd, and it is against the law anywhere in the US to wear them or display them. How bad do you got to F*** up to pull that off?

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #3 - 10/11/09 at 22:59:39

lol bill u have a good point haha!!

and johnboy i think u are right, i mean i don't go to any biker bars, i don't do anything that would create anymore of a problem then just riding around would bring!

back in jersey i remember the pagans being pretty big. speaking of big those monghol dudes are HUGE!!!!!! if i had to fight one i'd use a different karate called "run foo" lol!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 10/12/09 at 07:16:04

you could contact your states' "confedration of clubs" laison or public affairs officer..
generally the 1% crowd is back patch "colors" and rockers sensetive..
nothing that says M.C.  (motorcycle club) or state name..
i contacted colorados' before i designed for a pgr back patch, didnt get very far his attitude was"welcome to my world" i did what i wanted afterall this IS AMERICA!!!
never heard anything about front patches/pins etc.. enery state is different..they use the word respect alot tho they want it their way..
dont get in a confrotation worse case you take the vest off and ride away...GOOD LUCK

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #5 - 10/12/09 at 10:23:05

You'll probably be fine as long as you're not wearing a "Wild Hogs" patch.. Roll Eyes Grin

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 10/12/09 at 10:26:04

hahahahaahaha i was thinking of getting the apple logo tatted on my are "what are they gonna do? it's in my skin?" lol that movie is hilarious!

and if u ever have lunch with martin lawrence....don't give him ketchup or mustard lol

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #7 - 10/12/09 at 11:03:41

That movie was funny before I drove my own motorcycle, but soooo much funnier now.  We've watched it quite a few times.  Gotta work on that fist bump....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #8 - 10/12/09 at 15:25:45

The main things to watch with vests is what back patch you wear and DON"T wear any rockers without getting permission from the dominant MC in your state. Back patches and rockers is what will get you into trouble. Oh, and the MC patch can cause problems too. Otherwise wear your vest and put what ever small patches on that you want (as long as they don't look to close to any MC patches).

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #9 - 10/12/09 at 16:33:11

i'm totally ignorant, but intrigued. what's all this about vest patches and what are "rockers" ?  

are there really MC clubs that would beat you for wearing the wrong patch?

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #10 - 10/12/09 at 17:26:35

Here's a link about motorcycle patches. It was posted a good while back and I bookmarked it.
http://hellbentmc.homestead.com/PatchHistory.html
The only club I ever got to see up close was the Warlocks up in Scranton PA and one look was all it took.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #11 - 10/12/09 at 18:08:18

runwyrlph wrote on 10/12/09 at 16:33:11:
i'm totally ignorant, but intrigued. what's all this about vest patches and what are "rockers" ?  

are there really MC clubs that would beat you for wearing the wrong patch?  

Check out the link Ed posted. And yes MC's will beat you for wearing the wrong patch. Bike wars/feuds have been started over rockers aka state patches.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #12 - 10/12/09 at 18:51:15

wow! crazy!

thanks, Ed L et al

Smiley

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #13 - 10/12/09 at 23:09:24

Wow, good informative article.  So, if you just have a bare vest, you're probably safe?  I ask because I recently got a nice leather vest that sounds similar to Rocco's, and I'd really like to avoid getting beat down just for wearing a comfy vest. Tongue  I don't plan on putting any decorations on it for the forseeable future.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 10/13/09 at 04:33:01

Hell, in Compton CA they used to shoot you for just wearing the wrong color! Bloods and crips.
Hard to believe that people are that crazy, sad!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 01:19:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › vests!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.