Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fork damper upgrade (Read 68 times)
PTRider

Fork damper upgrade
10/09/09 at 22:31:00

Anybody in the Las Vegas area?

Ricor Racing Shocks in Henderson is producing a slip-in valve unit for damper rod forks called Intiminators.  They're a big hit with riders on Sportsters, KLRs, SV650s, and V-Strom 650s.

They don't yet have one calibrated for Savage/S40s, because no one has asked them to do so.  All it takes is a local Savage rider to drop in and get them thinking about the size of a market they'd have, and probably offer his bike for their calibration.

I have Intiminators in my V-Strom, and they actually do what Ricor claims.  For $150, they're a big improvement.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Fork damper upgrade
Reply #1 - 10/09/09 at 22:53:00

Would a set of busted forks due for sizing?

WWW   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #2 - 10/09/09 at 23:02:55

I really like their idea of inertial dampening. If they make them adjustable (say, by changing the mass that causes the valve to open) then they'll put race-tech with their cartridge emulators out of business.  A friend put a set of Ricor valves on his DR650 and says they're fantastic.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #3 - 10/10/09 at 16:39:08

Quote:
Would a set of busted forks due for sizing?
They need both the size and a test bike so they can calibrate the valve assembly for the damping needed on that model bike.

Quote:
If they make them adjustable (say, by changing the mass that causes the valve to open)
They are adjustable by the thickness of the shims in the shim pack.  The inertial valve is a small brass spool valve that gets "left behind" and opens fluid ports as the shaft is rapidly driven upwards by a high velocity upward movement of the wheel.  The inertial valve itself isn't made to be adjustable.

$150 is the promotional price to get these out on the market; $300 is the list price.  They're developing a rear shock for KLRs, SVs, and V-Stroms.  Preliminary reports are great.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 01:20:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fork damper upgrade

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.