Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Common problems with the S40/Savage? (Read 453 times)
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Re: Common problems with the S40/Savage?
Reply #15 - 10/02/09 at 17:51:29

Put just over 440 miles round trip on my 07 a few weeks ago, all highway. No complaints other than the 43 degree temps at 65/70 mph....  Grin All I have done is the Dyna muffler  and a rejet/spacer to the carb.

07 S40
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 10/03/09 at 05:51:19

I'll throw my two cents in: I don't post much on this site, but if you're considering buying a motorcycle today, the quality of an available on- line support forums for your bike needs to be considered. I check in every few days to catch up on new ideas and tips. I can tell you the level of knowledge and assistance available to anyone owning one of these bikes is incredible. From the how to DIY oil changes and brake pad replacements (complete with photos) to advanced carb alterations, there is very little need to toss excess money away to dealers who probably refer to this site themselves from time to time. I may buy another bike next summer for cross country rides and I guarantee I'll evaluate the bike based largely on information from an online forum. I'll be lucky if they are half as valuable as this group has been.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #17 - 10/03/09 at 06:34:26

I'm no youngster anymore,....used to ride a lot 40 yrs ago, and decided I'd like to ride again,......thought maybe I'd like a Sporty, but every one I looked at that was older than an '08, was advertised as having a "new motor",.....which left me totally confused,....and turned off. But I did try one one day, and that did it,.....way too top heavy !

Then my long distance Bro got to talking,......he's had an '07 s40 for a couple years, and suggested I try one.
Thats my story,......in July I sat on one, loved it, rode it, and bought it right there,.....a beautiful '07, 3800 mi, $2500.

I opened the exhaust a touch, machined the white spacer to 1/2, and it runs beautiful,....I love that single cyl !

If I was forced to badmouth something, it would be the seat, thats all.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 10/03/09 at 08:22:29

The Savage or S40 ( LS650 ) is a great bike, whether for a starter bike or something small for a small person or just because you like the characteristics of a big single.  They are comparitively simple, easy to maintain, tune, modify, use for a daily commute or ride the highway.
A stock machine is adequate for any type of riding, but when modified even just a bit the riding experience can be enhanced significantly.
As mentioned already, swapping the stock muffler for a very low cost HD Dyna/Sporty unnit and a carb rejet & tune will really add to the power and give a good exhaust sound.
If you want to get into more serious perfomance mod's it will respond quite well to it and reward the rider with a really fun ride and can be done for less than a grand.  This big single is just a great all-around road bike when modified for performance.  With a performance carb, camshaft, exhaust and suspension the bike runs great, handles very well and still got 48mpg.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 03:19:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Common problems with the S40/Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.