Send Topic Print
Silly noid (Read 121 times)
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Silly noid
10/01/09 at 17:35:54

I was annoyed. Or maybe that was, I was a noid.
I hit the starter and only heard click. If I hit the starter enough times it would start. When it did, it turned over properly so it was not the starter motor or the battery.  When I pressed the button the headlights went out so I knew it was not the handlebar switch or circuitry. That left that darned silly noid.
To get the one out of my parts bike meant removing sidecover,saddle. battery, battery box, carburator booty, and aircleaner box. This was shaping up to be a two day job.
When I went to the riding bike and began, I was looking for shortcuts now that I knew all there was to know about what was in that hidden space where the silly noid lived and died.
I could touch the flanged bolts with an articulated wrench but not see them at the same time or get fingers into the space. As I worked I began figuring how I would get it back together without all the extraneous disassembly. As I lifted out the old silly noid, the brainfart hit me.  I hacksawed a notch in the tab of the lower hole, see the photo.  This allowed me to put the lower bolt in place, before putting in the solenoid. Then sliding it onto the bolt, putting in the upper bolt and tightening the both of them.
It only took about an hour instead of the dreaded two days of profanity.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Silly noid
Reply #1 - 10/01/09 at 18:39:28

Where there is a Will, there is a way!
And for those of us that don't have the will or a way...there is Phelonius!
Thanks Man!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/01/09 at 18:50:34

D*amned Klever.

Where there is a Will, there is a way!

& where there is a Method, theres a Methodist.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 10/02/09 at 08:41:57

I have often thought of punching a hole in the back wall of the air box. Sticking a socket though that and getitng it out.
I still might if I ever have to get it out. This is a good one too.
That means I can do this and that and be even easier.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/02/09 at 09:10:31

I sort of wondered how many of you had bonked you heads against this problem in the past. Obviously the original was put in before the rest of the bike was assembled. Great engineering how they hid it down that dark narrow pit, as if it would never need to be replaced.
BTW, the only wrench I could get on it was an open end on one end with a swiveling socket on the other. I could barely turn it one sixth of a turn at a time. A real joy.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #5 - 10/02/09 at 12:06:33

when my headlight stopped blinking i googled flasher relay, and this freaking website showed the flasher relay but it was a pic of the starter solenoid like u see here....so i got it out only to be told it wasn't it......it was not fun going in or out! and i 4got 2 disconnect the battery the first time and caught a little shock lol

live and learn !!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 07:31:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Silly noid

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.