Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mirrors- recommendations from customizing (Read 193 times)
easywriter
YaBB Newbies

Kansas
Mirrors- recommendations from customizing
09/29/09 at 15:25:10

The previous owner broke off the part that held the stock mirror on the right side and replaced both stock mirrors with a set of Bikemaster Universal Clamp On Mirrors. http://www.bikebandit.com/bikemaster-universal-clamp-on-mirror

Of course, these things rattle more than a set of bad false teeth! After I obtain the replacement part that mounted the mirror, I plan to get a set of custom mirrors. Has anyone tried a brand they like?

Demons Cycle seems to have good prices. Anyone tried them? http://www.demonscycle.com/Mirrors/Metric/Chrome-Billet-Mirrors-p6112665.html

Thanks!

Riding in the Land of Oz with a 2003 Suzuki Savage 650.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Mirrors- recommendations from customizing
Reply #1 - 09/29/09 at 17:27:45

Sorry, I haven't, but I'd have to try that Demon Hot Sauce if I bought the mirrors!!  Those do look pretty sharp!

I did consider some that I found on ebay that were similar, but I was afraid of cutting down on the area that I can see is my big stock mirrors.  You might check ebay too, if you haven't....  

~

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 09/29/09 at 17:31:46

There was a girl on here a few years back bought something like those,but then took them off,because she said you can hardly see anything behind you with them,they are small.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/29/09 at 23:25:40

very important that the lens in small custom mirrors be wide angle,... or you won't see diddley...
Wide angle!..... or you'll be lookin' at your thumb... Wink

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 09/30/09 at 00:41:53

The previous owner broke off the part that held the stock mirror on the right side.

Are you saying part of the "Pocket" the mirror screws down into is broken out & gone?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
easywriter
YaBB Newbies

Kansas
Reply #5 - 09/30/09 at 13:39:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/30/09 at 00:41:53:
Are you saying part of the "Pocket" the mirror screws down into is broken out & gone?

Yes! And the idiot also got rid of the stock mirrors.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/30/09 at 16:53:39

Not a big problem. can you post pics of whats left? I bet you can fix it so a mirror will screw in & it will be strong. IF there is enough left to add to & make it stout.
I have a mirror that broke off at almost the top thread. I fixed it , no welding, & its been in for over 2 years, no problems.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
easywriter
YaBB Newbies

Kansas
Reply #7 - 10/03/09 at 10:06:33

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't respond sooner because I didn't have a camera available. But now that I take a closer look, I realized there are no threads left. It broke to the point of having the horizontal bolt visible!

IP Logged
Angie

Anybody can be
normal, where's the
fun in that?

Iowa
Reply #8 - 10/06/09 at 07:26:19

I had to replace the mirrors that came on my Savage because the stems were so short that I couldn't see past my own shoulders.  We got them from this place

www.jpcycles.com

So my main suggestion is to make sure you get ones with longer stems, otherwise they wont do you much good.

I always recommend replacing both mirrors,  otherwise its very hard to exactly match the rmaining mirror.  Esp if you dont know where they got the mirrors in the first place.

Lying is emotional immaturity in action
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 10:07:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mirrors- recommendations from customizing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.