Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seat Hind Screw Question (Read 160 times)
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Seat Hind Screw Question
09/27/09 at 19:24:48

I did some saddlebag adjusting and got them where I want them...when I reinstalled my seat, I noticed that the hind screw which threads into the rear fender would not line up thus not allowing me to thread it back in.

The two side screws are in tight. Also, the rear portion of the seat is wedged under the sissybar pad.

Is it crucial that this screw be installed?

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Seat Hind Screw Question
Reply #1 - 09/27/09 at 19:29:03

Loosen the sides screws and try to line it up,Probably have to push seat forward

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #2 - 09/27/09 at 19:37:04

Thanks for the quick response, Bill...yep I loosened both sides and pushed...but to no avail.

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #3 - 09/27/09 at 19:50:10

The hole can't be very far off. You can bend the side brackets just a bit, to get it to align.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #4 - 09/27/09 at 20:02:59

Thanks Routy... I'll give that a go..

IP Logged
TmackDaddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/27/09 at 20:09:18

Ill tell ya, i had this same problem when i added my saddle bags.  what i had to do to finally get it to line up right is sit on the sissy seat and wiggle around till it lined up.  now granted i weigh 350 lbs so the plastic of the sissy seat was no match for my weight.

IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #6 - 09/27/09 at 20:24:00

TmackDaddy wrote on 09/27/09 at 20:09:18:
so the plastic of the sissy seat was no match for my weight.

LOL Grin

Thanks TmackDaddy...I was actually considering having my wife sit there...it doesn't have very far to go, but as you well know...this screw, just a few millimeters off... feels like 4 miles off!

PS...don't tell my wife! When I came in this evening from working on the bike, she had just finished her TAE BO FitnessTraining..Don't think its a good idea to ask her just yet... Grin

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - 09/28/09 at 05:24:55

Corbin apparently decided that the rear screw doesn't play a major safety role as they have excluded the bracket all together on their new Savage/S40 seat. When I had my Harley there wasn't even side screws just one on the back fender.

Maybe securing the seat to the motorcycle is overrated.  Wink

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #8 - 09/28/09 at 17:13:59

The seat isn't going to fall off if you don't have the rear screw installed. I ran without mine fairly often since it was easier to take the seat off (with the sissybar there) without having to remove that screw.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #9 - 09/29/09 at 10:50:55

Yep,   rear screw helpful but not needed.

I put a '06 one-piece seat on my '01 whcih had the 2 pc seat.  Since I didn't want to drill the hole, I just put a rubber pad under the metal tab that sticks out of the seat so it wouldn't scratch the fender paint.    Seat held in place fine with just the two side screws (bolts??)

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #10 - 09/29/09 at 17:59:43

Thanks guys...I agree. I just took the bike on a 60 mile round trip @ 70mph...and everything is fine.

I appreciate all your input.

Totally unrelated...Mr. Hyde, did you ever get to try Blue-Job on your exhaust?...just wondering...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:55:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat Hind Screw Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.