Send Topic Print
Carburetor and Kits (Read 210 times)
retired
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carburetor and Kits
09/27/09 at 14:40:00

I Just picked up a 1987 Savage for my winter project. Hope to have it restored by next summer. I been looking at Carb. rebuild kits  and they dont seem to have much in them. is there a complete rebuild kit out there. Also could another carb. perhaps work on the Savage? THANKS

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Carburetor and Kits
Reply #1 - 09/27/09 at 15:45:56

paging lancer...

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Carburetor and Kits
Reply #2 - 09/27/09 at 18:14:02

You rang ?

There are no carb rebuild kits available.  For a carb in good basic condition I have JETSETS with which you can jet/tune the carb to match any combo of air filter and assorted mufflers.
If you have a carb that needs replacement parts, then you have to buy them piece by piece from the dealership.  Unfortunately, that is cost prohibitive for anything but screws or individual jets.  Try to replace the "slide with rubber diaphram" and you will be hit with a substantial bill.
Buying all the parts needed to rebuild a stock carb
Usually, the problems that would require a so-called rebuild are a defective slide/diaphram or the pilot adjusting screw gets stuck in its hole and requires drilling to remove it.  This often results in excessive damage to the carb body which leaves it unusable.  At this point, a replacement carb is needed.  A new one from the dealer is in the $300-400+ range.  A used one may be found on ebay, and if in good condition expect to pay $150+.  Lower priced carbs are occasionally available but may have a stuck pilot screw,  which puts you back to square one.
I would suggest that if you look for a used carb on ebay that you insist on this guarantee:  
-the pilot adj. screw is moving freely and is not damaged
, including the needle seat 
-the slide moves freely and is not damaged  
-the rubber diaphram is in good comdition and without cracks or holes
*if not, then you get your money back.

JETSET

#52.5 & #55 pilot jets
#150, #152.5 & #155 main jets
3 washers to replace the white spacer on the needle
float bowl gasket

$21.95  usually sent vea Paypal

If you feel you need something more in the way of a performance carburetor then the following is available.
I sell this Suzuki Savage/S40 Performance Carburetor Kit on eBay.
You will not find any carb kit for the Savage/S40 anything like this from anywhere.  I have spent several years refining the kit and over the past 4-5 years have sold over 400 carbs and carb kits.

Check out the ebay listing and just holler if you have any additional questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=1204492783...

« Last Edit: 09/28/09 at 05:45:38 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 13:29:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carburetor and Kits

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.