Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Needle jet clip? (Read 77 times)
littlefights

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Needle jet clip?
09/16/09 at 13:43:53

A couple of different people suggested moving the needle jet clip up one notch after installing a new muffler.  I've got my carb off and disassembled and hell if I can't figure out a way to do anything with the needle jet clip, assuming I'm looking at the right thing.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  

And quick - the dining room smells like gas and the wife is giving me the stink-eye.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Needle jet clip?
Reply #1 - 09/16/09 at 13:48:47

Most of us don't have clips on our needle, nor do we have extra grooves on the needle for the non-existent clip to go into.   Only the early Savages had grooved needles.

Instead, we sand down our white spacer to remove half of it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #2 - 09/16/09 at 13:49:46

Someone else will be more knowledgeable about this than I am, but I believe the stock carb has the "white spacer" instead of the clip.  To adjust for a richer fuel mix, you file down the thickness of the white spacer or replace it with #3 washers.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #3 - 09/16/09 at 13:52:46

And take the spacer with you to get the right size washers inside and outside diameter.  Guess how I know! Wink

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
littlefights

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/16/09 at 13:54:34

I've got an 86.  There is a single groove with black c-clip in it.  The previous owner did the white spacer mod - it looks like its been filed down to maybe 2mm.  

So I go up on the clip by reducing the white spacer?  Should I trim it some more/replace it with a smaller one?  Or just leave it out entirely?

And thanks for the quick replies!

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #5 - 09/16/09 at 17:54:10

I have a needle jet like that (from the dynojet kit) and was advised to leave the white spacer in and use the clip for adjustments.

I lowered the clip on mine (2 clicks = the width of the white spacer for me) it raises the needle up which is what removing the white spacer would do.

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #6 - 09/17/09 at 00:12:56

i believe matt is correct i have mine on the lowest needle with full spacer.  if that is not enough throw the spacer and move the clip all the way up

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/17/09 at 01:44:47

same here, jabman

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 13:21:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Needle jet clip?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.