will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Oil level
Reply #45 - 09/04/09 at 09:08:32

serenity3743 wrote on 09/04/09 at 08:00:26:
bill67 wrote on 09/03/09 at 19:37:30:
Routy wrote on 09/03/09 at 16:57:31:
I love my way,.......after draining, dump 2 qts in it, and forget it. I just couldn get so critical over a few ozs of oil.
I'm positive my bike couldn't care less either  Roll Eyes

Two quarts is low

In my bike, two quarts is perfect.  It has never held what the manual says it should hold.

same here, last night, drained oil, changed filter, tipped from side to side, poured in 2 qts.  Ran it, let sit overnight, oil level right to the middle.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #46 - 09/04/09 at 13:05:21

And remember, the bike couldn't care less,

If this is true, then why have a high mark? We should add oil untill the site glass is full?

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #47 - 09/04/09 at 14:33:20

Oldnewguy wrote on 09/04/09 at 13:05:21:

If this is true, then why have a high mark? We should add oil untill the site glass is full?

Don't take that so literally and to the extreme.
The bike will operate best when filled to the correct level.  Overfilled a little shouldn't be an issue unless there's some event that would cause the worst case senario.  Like all the vents are blocked or oil being foamed be the crank or... or... or...  I don't think that up to 1/2 a qt. can be added to a stock bike running on flat ground, minimum bumps, well coordinated turns, minimum grin and no panic stops would have an issue.  That's a big qualification, but I know they take into account the extreme events which cause issues.  So if you don't have those issues, overfilling isn't a problem.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #48 - 09/04/09 at 14:41:06

I did go a little extreme on that, but I wanted to point out that there probably is a happy medium somewhere that everything works fine with no problems. I am sure that a little extra oil can't hurt anywhere near as much as too little.

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #49 - 09/05/09 at 07:02:42

Oldnewguy wrote on 09/04/09 at 13:05:21:

Well, I can't read the bike's mind,.....and she doesn't tell me everything, but I'd think that she couldn't care less where it is tween the 2 lines  Grin
And I think 2 qts will put it tween the lines. Huh

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #50 - 09/05/09 at 12:50:43

The End!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 19:31:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil level

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.