Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
a couple non-relating ?'s ! (Read 129 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
a couple non-relating ?'s !
08/28/09 at 10:46:48

where do u guys get your oil filters? cycle gear only stocks 15 dollar k&n oil filters, unless it makes me a sandwhich for that price i don' want it haha or if i don't have to change it for a long time....any thoughts?

also what size spark plug? or should i just bring in the old one lol just wondering for future need.

still wondering what to do with my rear fender, i am scared to death to mess with the assembly in case i break it. i want to shorten the fender but don't want to mess with the wiring for the license plate light....still working on that solution.

also wanted to do something cool with my battery box "tool kit" cover, i attempted to cover it with mountain dew cans but the chrome doesn't like molding tape apparently...

gonna order a K&n air filter here shortly

my jet kit hasn't come in yet, but i'm goin to try to put the pipe on sunday. if i have to, i'm gonna take the whole thing to my mom's job and see what the welders can come up with.

i am also thinking of carving a name or motto into the tank....what do u think? remember my tank is bare metal with a rattle can clear that keeps coming off everytime gas hits it. i'd figure out a way to stop the spillage if i didn't love the way the rust looks.

i know i have problems....i'll be fine  Grin

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: a couple non-relating ?'s !
Reply #1 - 08/28/09 at 10:51:53

My local shop sells and aftermarket oil filter for $2.99... Hi-Flo HF137... looks identical to the stocker...
http://www.hiflofiltro.com/

The rest....... you're on your own... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/28/09 at 10:58:28

here is some recent research that I did.

OEM Suzuki filter (part number 16510-37450?)
Height:  (36 mm)
Outside Diameter: (60 mm)
PSI Relief Valve: 17.5
Anti Drain Back Valve: No
Style: Cartridge

K&N
Part KN-137 Product Specifications  
(shown as compatable from '86-'09)
Cross references to Suzuki part numbers:

Also fits Suzuki DR650 from '91-'09

Product Style: Oil Filters
Height: 1.457 in (37 mm)
Outside Diameter: 2.362 in (60 mm)
PSI Relief Valve: 17.84
Anti Drain Back Valve: No
Style: Cartridge

Sudco part number: 631-7137
Bell Industries number: 57021370

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/28/09 at 11:01:28

the stock Suzuki filter was under 7.00

oh, and for the rest of it...seek help Smiley

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 08/28/09 at 11:04:44

thank u serowbot! the website is a little weird and there's no prices, when i click i just get pics....maybe i should get the k&n oil filter just so i can always go get one locally....but is it worth 15 bucks?

and johnboy....i have no idea what i'm looking at lol the k&n is a little taller? i understand the part numbers though lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #5 - 08/28/09 at 11:16:26

I get my EMGO filters from Bike Bandit.  They have 3 that fit the Savage.

http://www.bikebandit.com/2002-suzuki-ls650-oil-filters/c/a680903?mg=5181&t=1

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #6 - 08/28/09 at 11:20:42

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
boofer
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/28/09 at 11:32:14

My dealership is 20 miles away and is small and the people are friendly. Suzuki oil filter 16510-37450 is $4.47 plus tax, Suzuki engine bars (I know, I know, but I like 'em anyway) $100, Suzuki clutch cable $18. He only has about 30 bikes on display and a bunch of 4 wheelers. Also have a motorcycle store about 15 miles in the other direction who sells bikes on consignment and supposedly has a great mechanic. Emgo oil filter $3.95, Hi Filtro air filter $14.95. Of course everybody gets about $6 a litre for Castrol. Here I will throw gas on the fire and use the word OIL. I guess I'm just lucky, and I wanted to listen to you guys gripe and moan about my great smalltown Mississippi dealer.

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #8 - 08/28/09 at 12:25:24

I get OEM Suzuki from the bikebandit.com.  They're here http://www.bikebandit.com/search-products?q=485535-001&ch=1&sc=9 and are $4.48 each.

You may also to pick up a spring and O-ring if they haven't been changed in a while.  The schematic for your bike is here http://www.bikebandit.com/suzuki-motorcycle-ls650pk1-savage-2001-oil-pump/o/m....  You need 9-2, 12 and 13 if you want everything.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #9 - 08/28/09 at 12:35:21

thank u guys ! so no help mentally then huh? lol i'll just have to go for a ride then!

ok, i found the suzuki dealership in west palm(everything is expensive down here!) and they want 7 bucks a piece for suzuki oem oil filters....i guess cheaper then buyin online with shippin....i hope!

and this is my first oil change that i've done....so i may go ahead and get a set of the gaskets just in case !!

i'm gonna go read the spark plug info again  Shocked

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 08/28/09 at 12:49:33

My dealer is 4.75 for stock oil filters

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #11 - 08/29/09 at 13:00:35

go for a ngk iridium plug  they last longer and since we cannot get to the plug that easy and only have one of them we cannot afford for it to fail

part dpr8eix-9

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:21:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › a couple non-relating ?'s !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.