Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
OEM Exhaust Modification (Read 459 times)
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Re: OEM Exhaust Modification
Reply #15 - 08/31/09 at 13:11:50

Well I almost have 8K on my 03 and it's still very solid and I don't see any signs of wear yet. One day I will get a Dyna but I'm gonna ride the OEM still it's shot.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #16 - 08/31/09 at 18:20:57

Its been a week now since the OEM mod, and I'm likin it better all the time. The exhaust is running much free'er, but not obnoxiously loud.

But I sure could use some midrange enrichment,......my next project.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #17 - 09/01/09 at 05:17:20

Duane wrote on 08/31/09 at 07:15:22:
I would like a Dyna myself but I hate to waste a prefectly good muffler. How many miles do people tend to get on the stock muffler before it starts to fall out? I have a feeling the stock muffler will last a long time.

I didn't replace my muffler until I replaced my engine:  about 54,000 miles.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #18 - 09/01/09 at 06:43:00

I wracked my brains trying to decide what to do with my '96. Had a price of 106.00 for a new Jardine slip-on, but that fell thru. Have decided that I am going to just wear it out. No re-jetting and such. I do need to do the white washer thing however.

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 09/01/09 at 07:06:56

I planned to run my stock for a long time, but I broke some of the welds on some of the supporting bracketry (dragging the pavement in corners) and found that installing my $20 Dyna was both easier to do and less expensive to do than putting the stock muffler back to right.  And lighter.  And simpler.

Now that I am used to the Dyna, I like it fine.  It rumbles more and on a fast interstate run it will huff and puff on the exit ramps deceleration like an airbrake would -- interesting noises and I expect some small flames are shooting out of it when it makes that "rottle rottle rottle" sound on decel.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #20 - 09/01/09 at 10:10:27

What did you have to do to the carb when you added the dyna? I guess that's covered in the tech section, but maybe you could give a "down and dirty"

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 18:40:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › OEM Exhaust Modification

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.