Send Topic Print
Removing Petcock (Read 71 times)
ArielT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Removing Petcock
08/14/09 at 09:20:57

Perhaps I'm just having massive brain fart, but I'm trying to take the petcock off so I can coat the tank with POR-15 (tank sealant).  It looks to be a 10mm bolt, but I can't ratchet it because it's bound so close together.  Looks like there's some square indentations in the center, maybe, but they're black as tar so I'm honestly not quite sure.  Are there square tools, I have a hex and oct, but square? So, what tool / technique do I need here?

Two asides:  Anyone know a good way to completely drain the tank?  (Will removing the petcock do it?)  I can still hear water sloshing around in it and can't seem to make it all come up the keyed eneterance whole

Do I need to remove the electronics to coat the interior of the tank?  I figure it doesn't matter because all the nasty stuff's going inside and there's likely to be no contact.

IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Re: Removing Petcock
Reply #1 - 08/14/09 at 09:26:23

On my tank, there is a cross-type place for a screwdriver as well.  You are right about being 10 mm.

As for the complete drain, yep, taking the tank off and removing the petcock THEN setting it in the sun will definately go a long way to draining it completely.

Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
ArielT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Removing Petcock
Reply #2 - 08/14/09 at 12:39:16

Ah!  I see, there's a philip's head hold there, it's just been stripped so it looks almost square.  Bleh, oh well, got a few days to find a replacement.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 15:24:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Removing Petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.