Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Chopper pics. (Read 353 times)
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Re: Chopper pics.
Reply #1 - 08/05/09 at 10:37:07

I don't have access to the Picasa sofware here at work, but you can get links from the online version.

1.  Go to your pictures page on Picasaweb.google.com
2. Make sure the right hand menu is expanded.  There's a little << thingie on the top right side of it's closed.
3.  Select "Link to this photo" and select the options you want.  For example,

is one of mine and has a direct link of http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bGIiMzlRLHU8RhRxKbkaqg?feat=directlink

BTW your chopper looks great!

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 08/05/09 at 10:58:24

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 08/05/09 at 10:37:07:
BTW your chopper looks great!

Liar ...

Fine. My goal is to make it look like it came from a factory ... It now does, like one that came from a factory in timbuktu.

Whe I am done ... oh wait, the finer details are not that obvious from the pics ... sorry in person ... more ghetto ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #4 - 08/05/09 at 11:06:35

Let me see here.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #5 - 08/05/09 at 11:38:59

Srinath, have you fixed it with all of your equations? Grin

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #6 - 08/05/09 at 12:05:44

I don't know if it is camera angle or not, but it looks like you don't have as much rake as I do with my girder. (not trying to be competitive, just voicing an observation.)

The FireLizard

Srinath's chopper

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08/05/09 at 12:10:49

serenity3743 wrote on 08/05/09 at 11:38:59:
Srinath, have you fixed it with all of your equations? Grin

You can do all the equations you want ... who do you think is fgoing to make it for you ...
There was one guy on gs500 who was designing a shock. Finally only penske would take it and make that in theory, for a 2500 per item charge. They also revealed that their regular shock is not that far from his design that he could have for $899.

In a way you have to fit it and ride it and see. design and computer aided bs is worthless unless you have someone who can say, Oh you have a computer aided design there, bring it over and plug it in and make it and hand it to you. Embarrassed ...

Engineers throw semi caliberated things together and see how it works. Scientists try to caliberate and calculate everything till its fine down to the last decimal point. Then its so complicated no one can understand it, let alone make it.

To an engineer, 12.5346547 is 12.5 ... Easy crap is all I did ... didn't do no calculation of trail or nothign without making it ... made it marked the ground and measured it.

Anyway the thing is ridiculously bouncy cos the wheel is really really out of round and out of plane. Its like a C and has a non centered hub.

The disc is also like a wedge instead of being flat all the way across. That make my ride near impossible on sunday. But the run through the street was enough to tell me, the wheel wants to flop over at low speeds. The next step was to check trail.

Sure enough it was negative by about 2 inches. I then flipped the legs side to side and front to back, so I now run the disk on the right and the caliper leading the forks and the axle trailing.

The next step is to finish the job and run the bugger. The bad disk and the bad wheel not withstanding, if this is better than before, I run it this way. I get the wheel laced right and the tire fitted the right way and get a new disk made. If it works, I'd say I have a decent setup for a chopper and make a couple more for my other bike and this one - this prototype has some defects in it ...

Maybe I can sell it, but it does involve some work on the buyers end. Need to pull your stem and fit into this one, source a 14mm axle bolt (junkyards are good for this I found a dozen and I hardly looked 2 mins). Anyway we'll know in a bit.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 08/05/09 at 12:41:17

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 08/05/09 at 12:05:44:
I don't know if it is camera angle or not, but it looks like you don't have as much rake as I do with my girder. (not trying to be competitive, just voicing an observation.)

The FireLizard
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/7/l_059d601bbfe50be8209f24d067363...

Srinath's chopper
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_BzoXIZKKrOA/Snm62P87y3I/AAAAAAAABVc/gH8N2dhKbzc/P001126...

Dude ... your front wheel is in another zip code ...

I have a few other parameters I was working wiht though ...
It has to look like factory ...
Its gotta be thrown together with easy to find parts - 83-87 KX kawi front end ... wheel, disk, caliper + line + legs.
And I plan on riding it, making it rideable on a daily basis - as in it cannot be a bear in traffic and it cannot have that impossibly hard to ride feel for 90% of savage riding people ...
Ane finally if you come right down to it, source all the peices and have me make you a triple set ... you could be done in under 500 bucks.

Yours prolly fits all these criteria too ... however your FE is heavy ... mine is actually lighter than original. with the mass concentrated closer to the stem than the original. Yes ... 43 mm fork legs but lighter and better weight distribution than original ...
I get the disk and wheel sorted out man, it is going to be perfect.

It also has to be somehting that will fit in a box and I can mail out.
Say someone has spotted a KX front end ... ebay or local junkyard ... they can order up and will get one in a few days ... if I go that route.
I also can make them for other front ends, for example the upside down front end that was on many dirt bikes starting in 90-91.
How about an older DR 250/350/650 front end ... nearly identical to a KX like I used ...

Almost like - buy any FE you want ... and send me the sizes and I'll make one set for you.

Anyway lets make this one ... then work on the many 100's that will surely follow ...  Shocked

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #9 - 08/05/09 at 17:26:49

so whats this gonna cost? just askin!!!

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #10 - 08/05/09 at 17:28:47

i guess i shoulda said that i like it Cool

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #11 - 08/05/09 at 19:34:44

Kool. Cool
Now ya' got me thinkin'. Undecided

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 08/05/09 at 19:36:07

Something around $250 for plates only, a stem excahnge is possible with a your stem installed in this for a few bucks (maybe free lemme see ...)
You're gonna have to get an axle off a dirt bike and work on instering in the stem and strengthening it.
There is a few other mods on this thing too ...

1. The top nut on the stem was trimmed and de acorned. Then I am fitting an bike front axle from a junkyard through the stem and fitting into a precise fit T washer and bolting it on. Extra strength in case it decides to skip out from the stem.

2. Dirt bike brake disks will work but they are very very thin. I am running a modified rear disk off a GS500, I cant be counting on that to make a few and sell. I will be making KX250 disks in 5mm thickness for it. Available later - as you're ready to put the miles on the bike, for test riding etc, the stock KX disk will work just fine if you have one that is OK.

3. The risers I used on this are harley risers. The savage ones need to be drilled at different width but, you then have to get the bars ~4 inches higher up.

In a way each is going to be made to each ones spec. I will pretty much take the diameter, the C/C distance the risers you plan to use and make it. Some extra $ for odd sized/shaped stuff. I am tooled up for the 43mm the kx's are, DR also is same size, but not sure what the honda and yamaha use - suspect the yamaha is 43 too.

C/C as long as it dont get much wider will not cost more.
neither will risers - HD or savage I will be able to do without an extra $.
BTW I am hard mounting the bars. The steering effort will be so high I doubt you want floppy rubber in there.

I dont believe it can be raked any more. I dont want negative trail though the leading axle would make it stable at high speeds.

This FE is nearly lighter than the stock ... aluminum wheel, 21 inch tire and honda's of that vintage used 23's ... yeow. So that long and pointy look is well possible.

My goal is to make it out of locally available parts to any one that buys it from me. You would scout a junkyard in your area and get a set of measurements from a bike they are parting. Then I'd give you and OK, and a time frame. Then you can buy it and I'll go about making one for you. Much of the saving is from not shipping big heavy parts back and forth and the fact that you are buying used, old parts that oughta be plentiful and cheap.

My bike will be a bobber as well ... I should complete it this weekend. Pics soon. However there are better bobbers than this around here.
Lost the whole evening today, rain. Bloody pathetic rain.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 08/05/09 at 20:17:47

And the way the bike sits with no air in the forks (kx forks take air BTW) with brand new tires front and rear, its only  ashade more leaned over than my other one. But just new fat tires can cause that. I for 140/90 on the rear and 90/100-21 front. Also flipping the legs added to the height. but its not leaned over very severely, it also has the engine nearly vertical. Not tipped back. Just aesthetic eyeball measurements.
I cant wait ... I think the dirt forks and my degreed triples work so well ... test run and fine tune ... dayumm I cant stop talking about it. On 2 sites ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 08/06/09 at 11:28:50

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 08/05/09 at 12:05:44:

The FireLizard
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/7/l_059d601bbfe50be8209f24d067363...

How exactly is that girder adding to the rake. The extra length is good for a few degrees I am sure. But does it have something in the triples that offset or something. I duuno nothing about girders though.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:17:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Chopper pics.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.