Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Chopper pics.
Reply #15 - 08/06/09 at 11:41:47

srinath wrote on 08/06/09 at 11:28:50:
Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 08/05/09 at 12:05:44:
I don't know if it is camera angle or not, but it looks like you don't have as much rake as I do with my girder. (not trying to be competitive, just voicing an observation.)

The FireLizard
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/7/l_059d601bbfe50be8209f24d067363...

How exactly is that girder adding to the rake. The extra length is good for a few degrees I am sure. But does it have something in the triples that offset or something. I duuno nothing about girders though.
Cool.
Srinath.

See those arms connecting the front end to the trees? Those are what give the front end it's rake. I could add even more by just making some longer arms. But I like it the way it is.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 08/06/09 at 11:50:51

Oh ... that little thiing with 2 bolt holes at each end. Yes that is cool.
Also I was reading up on girder vs springer vs telescoping - and they said the girder was the lightest ... I remember you saying yours is very heavy, and I can see it being heavy, its all steel and pretty thick too.
How were they saying its lighest.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #17 - 08/06/09 at 13:40:54

srinath wrote on 08/06/09 at 11:50:51:
Also I was reading up on girder vs springer vs telescoping - and they said the girder was the lightest ... I remember you saying yours is very heavy, and I can see it being heavy, its all steel and pretty thick too.
Cool.
Srinath.

Yes, comparatively, the girder is lighter than the other two. I believe it is because of less moving parts. If you really look at a springer, you can see it has several pivot points and four heavy duty springs. Not sure about the telescoping, but I do know that my girder is really heavy compared to the stock front end of the Savage.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 08/06/09 at 14:02:56

The FE I used is lighter ... and more importantly it carries that weight closer to the neck. AKA, lighter wheel and tire and lighter lower fork leg. Thanks to aluminum wheel and longer lower legs ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 08/07/09 at 07:30:44

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 08/06/09 at 13:40:54:
srinath wrote on 08/06/09 at 11:50:51:
Cool.
Srinath.

Yes, comparatively, the girder is lighter than the other two. I believe it is because of less moving parts. If you really look at a springer, you can see it has several pivot points and four heavy duty springs. Not sure about the telescoping, but I do know that my girder is really heavy compared to the stock front end of the Savage.

Hey, on the spring you have - the one behind the headlight, can it take a shock, like a rear shock off the savage. You have hydraulics in that ... cant see if its just spring or has fluid in it.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #20 - 08/07/09 at 07:42:00

Its just a spring, though there are girder front ends that have a spring over shock.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 08/07/09 at 08:05:33

It has a 1 inch stem right ? The lower bearing - how did you manage that on the 1 inch. Upper is turnable, turn it ti 25 mm ... or just under that.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #22 - 08/07/09 at 09:46:21

The Girder I have had a 7/8 stem, but I managed to use the stock savage stem. All I had to do was do some modifying on the girder's top tree by using my dremel to widen the top tree hole to fit the savage stem.

Here, this is how I did it. Maybe you can make heads or tails of my description.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1213856449

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 08/07/09 at 10:03:10

Oh I saw that many moons ago ...but something just struck me.
I'll PM you in a few mins.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #24 - 08/07/09 at 10:09:50

Okay.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 08/08/09 at 18:51:27

Holeeee crap ... night and day ...

I flipped the legs left to right and am running a leading caliper on the right ... the disk still is knackered with a tapered shape ... yea ... machining a goobered up GS500 rear disk will do that ... OK so the trailing axle on the legs ... beautiful ...

Looks like a chopper handles like a ... well a savage ... U turning in the narrow streets of suburbia ... piece of cake ... my virago and maxim barely manage that turning radius at that speed ...
Last 2 jobs on it ... headlight fitting, fitting the disk which is being made as I type, flipping the tire around and heck I now thing this tire is true enough for street use. No bouncing wobbling BS. Take off your hands and it stays straight.
Yea my drag bars with the 36 wide man's shoulder width for leverage put it in well ... little girls territory to rip it around corners.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:21:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Chopper pics.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.