Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More fit questions - handlebars, saddle, shocks (Read 118 times)
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

More fit questions - handlebars, saddle, shocks
08/02/09 at 18:43:19

Yup, rehashing things.  Everyone likes to do that.  

Sat on a Vulcan, didn't like the long front, but I liked the width of the bars.  Sitting back on 2007 S40 with relatively flat bars, bent back risers.  Feels as if I could do with bars about 1.5" longer on each side .  I'm not sure what type or spec I'd be looking for to get those.  

I'd also like them a little further forward.  I'm thinking straight risers.  Anyone done this?  I'm presuming risers are pretty easy to get.  I haven't looked!  

And pretty clearly, I need to raise the rear end just a bit.  Do those Intruder shocks really fit?  Or is there another good replacement that isn't expensive?  How high can I go?  I'm sure there's some issues that might arise.  Certainly I liked the height better with the shocks set on 5 as when I got it, even though I didn't like the "stun" aspect.  I have this tendency to think I should just be able to go to XYZ moto parts and buy a bolt on in any length, but I suppose it's not that easy.

I'm a thinking of one of those solo seats, too, but then there's the backrest/siderail thing to deal with.  I suppose I could have a comfortable solo saddle and a separate pad on the back for the occasional passenger.

I'll get some of those forward control thingies, too.  Clearly useful for a person my side (5-10.5)

Thanks for any suggestions.

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: More fit questions - handlebars, saddle, shock
Reply #1 - 08/02/09 at 19:40:17

Yep 30" drag bars are nice

You can turn the risers around to be more forward

WWW   IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/02/09 at 19:50:44

The risers around the other way gives a big jump forward.  Might not be good.  But I'll look into the drag bars - I suppose that's the name of the general type on the bike now.

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/02/09 at 20:00:31

Suzuki 800 Intruder shocks, 12", about 1" more travel, the rest is sag... much softer ride,.... easy bolt-on, just check at the front pulley/beltguard for rubbing, I trimmed a bit, but eventually dumped the beltguard for other reasons...
Straight risers, homemade out of chrome BMX bicycle footpegs...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #4 - 08/03/09 at 20:10:15

Raising the rear will slightly increase the bike's readiness to turn and slightly decrease straight line stability.  If Vol likes the Intruder shocks, I'll maybe try them as well.  I wouldn't mind more height.

I like the buckhorn bars on my Savage.  If you get a chance, try some before you buy anything and see if they fit you.

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/04/09 at 09:26:23

I have an 05 with the drag bars, I like them but did rotate them upwards and plan on rotating them a bit more.  

I also added some foam grips that are longer than the stockers by about an inch, rather than just leave them hanging out in the air, I added some solid steel round rod in the ends of the bars.  

I like the net result of slightly higher, heavier, and wider bars.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:25:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › More fit questions - handlebars, saddle, shocks

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.