Send Topic Print
backrest (Read 227 times)
jowamf
YaBB Newbies

love my zuki! :)

New Mexico
Re: backrest
Reply #15 - 07/24/09 at 09:02:52

Thanks for all the tips, those things are on there really tight. It was hard to get to the ones under the cusion on the back rest, but once I took the cushion off it was pretty easy, and not too hard to break them loose. In fact I didn't really struggle with that part. I am not sure why it is so hard to break those loose. Maybe I do just need more leaverage. Anywho, I am having a blast riding, and have already went on a long trip. About 2800 miles round trip! Smiley And the back rest was really handy for that to strap down the sleeping bag, and provided me a backrest of my own!!  Thanks for the tips, and I will let you know when I get the sucker done! Smiley Will I have to remove anything else once I get them loose?? Huh

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #16 - 07/24/09 at 09:06:31

sounds like you've already got the right mindset!

there's 2 screws on the outside of the chrome rails, and one underneath near the wheel(that's the pain in the butt) but once the side chrome rails come off the backrest is held on by 2 screws and u shouldn't have a problem with them. it's really just the one screw that u have to worry about!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
jowamf
YaBB Newbies

love my zuki! :)

New Mexico
Reply #17 - 07/24/09 at 09:09:22

I don't know if I am doing this right at all. Maybe there is a diagram or a step by step. How to remove a backrest for dummies or something. I will have to look for that, or take the bike to someone that is smarter than myself!

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #18 - 07/24/09 at 10:26:19

um check out bikebandit.com they usually have diagrams of everything there

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 23:19:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › backrest

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.