Send Topic Print
Headlight rattle. (Read 81 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Headlight rattle.
07/19/09 at 20:35:22

The blooming headlight makes an ungodly rattle. Any ideas on how to fix it. Thanks in advance. Its tight and in there ... and adjusts just fine, I pulled it apart and it has springs etc in it ... nothing obviously erong wiht it really.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
RadRacer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Petaluma,Calif
Re: Headlight rattle.
Reply #1 - 07/19/09 at 23:50:16

check the bolts underneath the triple tree plate mine was really loose so i removed bolts and put a small amount of blue locktight now its solid as hell

'97 Savage stock carb #55 pilot, 1/2 spacer, #160 main,Modified Jardine, K&n air filter w/ pre-charger wrap, Nology Ign. Coil, PowerStar Spark Plug, ported head, stock cam, Verslavvy,Belt Drive
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/20/09 at 04:47:35

srinath wrote on 07/19/09 at 20:35:22:
The blooming headlight makes an ungodly rattle. Any ideas on how to fix it. Thanks in advance. Its tight and in there ... and adjusts just fine, I pulled it apart and it has springs etc in it ... nothing obviously erong wiht it really.
Cool.
Srinath.

About those springs. IF you put electrical tape around the housings of the springs, or even around the springs you will reduce the rattle big time. I found that the three tabs those springs went through would rub against the springs or their housing when the bike vibrated. This stopped my rattle. Now I hear other sounds I never used to and they concern me lol.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/25/09 at 06:41:06

Here is what I did.
I took a piece of the same 1/2 inch foam that I used in my seat rebuild, (the dense blue camping mat from Walmart's) and cut a circle to fit the inside of the headlight housing, I then cut the center out of that making a ring about 1/2 inch thick outside to inside. This forms a foam gasket around the face of the bulb. No more rattle! It has been working for two months now.
JB

IP Logged
redwolf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/27/09 at 09:25:38

Check for a crack on the mount....mine did the same thing and I finally found a crack...had to buy a new one.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:30:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Headlight rattle.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.