Send Topic Print
Mixture Screw stuck? (Read 32 times)
David M Smith
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mixture Screw stuck?
07/17/09 at 11:20:16

While still working to tune my carb I ran into a possible problem. I started tweaking the mixture screw and it seems a little rough or possible stuck after about 2 full turns out. While I realize this should be a huge problem as far as tuning since I have low jets coming soon. I'm still a bit afraid it could be a problem inside. Any suggestions on loosening it up or pulling it out to clean it and the area up?

Thanks

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Mixture Screw stuck?
Reply #1 - 07/17/09 at 11:29:22

After a long WOT full grin ride, spray the head of the mixture screw with freon to chill it.  I think you can still get electronic circuit chiller.

If it works, I get a nickle.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
David M Smith
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/17/09 at 11:37:15

Just for shits and giggles I have an idea that may work. I work with computers. I have lots of "Can's of Air". If you've ever flipped a can over and let'r rip it pumps out something akin to aresol freon. Think that would suffice for this application?
 Also I'm assuming at the point just after doing this, shall we call it, the "shrinkage point" I'm assuming this is when I should try and unscrew it all the way out? Does it come all the way out and I just be careful to grab the little washers and such? Then hit it and the hole with come air and/or crab cleaner?
 I checked the Clymer manual but they act like the mixture screw is the first rule of fight club. Cheesy

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #3 - 07/17/09 at 11:52:54

That just might work. I have experienced the canned air cold myself as I build my own computers and know about that stuff. Just be careful because I have also noticed moisture coming from the can when it reaches that very cold stage.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
David M Smith
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/17/09 at 11:59:31

Well I generally use it to screw with people when now blowing out dust or crud and possibly giving them a minor freeze burn hehe. But yes it sometimes spits a little but tends to evaporate instantly.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 06:29:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mixture Screw stuck?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.