adventurous! (Read 98 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
adventurous!
07/05/09 at 20:37:53

SO! i decided to ride the beast to and from work the past 2 days, about 25 miles there and back, did that twice. i can't get off her now that's she's back together!

2day was lookin a little rainy but i went for it anyway. went from lantana and 95 to palm beach lakes blvd and 95...not too bad.

cruised @ 70 with no problem, saw some choppers and everything was dandy....til i get off 95 and i hear CLANK CLANK CLANK! that's funny, i didn't run over a soda can....well i got to the job down the street and realized it was my left side panel. had to run back down and pick it up off the side of the road. my nice flat black half gone, all dented....thank God she's a rat now!

i park right near the entrance under an overhang so no rain and i can keep an eye on her....a couple of old dudes were checking her out...made me proud!

there's electrical stuff under that side panel...i don't know what...but i'm sure it's not supposed to get wet....even though i'm not sure how much water that cover holds back...oh well...

character is added by the day!! Shocked

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
matt_savage

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: adventurous!
Reply #1 - 07/06/09 at 05:33:43

That panel covers the magic chit box (cdi).  I relocated mine to under the seat with 2 sided velcro and some daisy chained zip ties.  It also covers the back side of the battery and the wiring coming from the kick stand switch.  HTH

-Matt

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 07/06/09 at 07:02:40

OOOH! that's kind of important! i'll have to zip tie it on 2 ensure it stays !

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
SavageDanny

I ate what?

Kansas City, Missouri
Reply #3 - 07/06/09 at 08:30:46

Welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycle commuting.

Reattach that cover or at least find a way to keep that stuff dry.

Flat Black 88

WWW SavageDanny   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 07/06/09 at 11:30:57

That magic chit box is sealed and has a water resistant connector.
Just make sure it don't fall off and get caught up in a wheel.

WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #5 - 07/06/09 at 12:56:20

lol just glad it wasn't anything major! i need a new screw obviously and a little loctite should help.

luckily i picked it up off the road ! she's slowly making herself a rat, ravenous rat would be a good name!!  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 00:29:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › adventurous!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.