The Weather!!!! (Read 159 times)
AngloSaxon

I'd rather have one
big one than four
small ones.

Framingham MA
The Weather!!!!
06/25/09 at 11:23:09

I hope someone else out there is as fed up with this bloody weather we're having in the Northeast. I think we're at about 18 days with some kind of precipitation. To top it all, I'm going to Maine for a weeks vacation, so I thought I'd check the weather forcast for Bridgton Maine. Would you effin' believe it, the ten day forcast is calling for at least a 30% chance of rain every day for the next ten effin' days!!!!!!!
I'm British so you would think I could handle this, but I've become so accustomed to American weather that I just cant take it any more.

As yet, a Bog Standard '87 with a big arse Harley muffler.
  IP Logged
cowspotter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ashburn, VA
Re: The Weather!!!!
Reply #1 - 06/25/09 at 11:26:29

I know how you feel. We're just now getting sunny days w/no chance of rain. Hopefully this will continue, and maybe even spread up to the Northeast for you.

IP Logged
merhlin
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Eastern Maine
Reply #2 - 06/25/09 at 11:37:09

i gotta say i know how you feel. i'm actually moving back to Maine in about 3 weeks, and i sure hope that the weather clears up by then!! my fiance and i are getting married July 4 and then a week or so later are driving all of our stuff from Seattle to Etna Maine, and i'd like to show her what Maine is really like in the summer instead of all the rain and thunderstorms that they've been having lately. the weather has been driving my mom crazy!!

merhlin

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #3 - 06/25/09 at 11:39:58

Merhlin - congrats brother. In August I'll be a 40 year veteran of the institution. Hope it works out for you.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
merhlin
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Eastern Maine
Reply #4 - 06/25/09 at 11:52:40

the weather guessers are saying that the storm that is in the northeast is pretty much like a good ol' nor'easter, just in the summer instead of winter. we've had such good weather here in seattle this summer (so far!!) that i hope some of it comes with us - i'd like to bring a little sunshine and cheer to all of the Savage riders in the Northeast.

merhlin

IP Logged
AngloSaxon

I'd rather have one
big one than four
small ones.

Framingham MA
Reply #5 - 06/25/09 at 11:53:06

merhlin wrote on 06/25/09 at 11:37:09:
i gotta say i know how you feel. i'm actually moving back to Maine in about 3 weeks, and i sure hope that the weather clears up by then!! my fiance and i are getting married July 4 and then a week or so later are driving all of our stuff from Seattle to Etna Maine, and i'd like to show her what Maine is really like in the summer instead of all the rain and thunderstorms that they've been having lately. the weather has been driving my mom crazy!!

merhlin
I don't know how to break this to you but the forcast for the forth of July, at the moment is thunder storms  Embarrassed

IP Logged
merhlin
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Eastern Maine
Reply #6 - 06/25/09 at 12:04:14

just my luck. or our luck, i should say. but that's ok, i'm still looking forward to it - with luck, the weather will be the only bad part of the day!!! on an aside, my sister used to live in framingham - it's a nice town, although i only visited 3 or 4 times back in the '80s.

merhlin

IP Logged
AngloSaxon

I'd rather have one
big one than four
small ones.

Framingham MA
Reply #7 - 06/25/09 at 12:29:32

The thing to remember on your wedding day is this,
DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!
If you spend the day worrying about little things like the weather, you'll forget to have a good time and what's the point of that? Enjoy the day whatever it may bring. Remember there is no do-over for a wedding.
Blessings and best wishes to you both.
Cheers, Andrew.

IP Logged
Staplebox

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

CT
Reply #8 - 06/25/09 at 20:02:26

Ditto on the weather here in CT.  Rain or threat of rain for at least 3 weeks.  Weather.com shows 30-60% of rain every day
through the 4th.  I HATE riding in the rain.

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #9 - 06/26/09 at 00:17:42

According to the farmers almanac were suppose to have the rainiest summer ever this year... so far it has been true. Today was gorgeous out though, I got caught in the rain riding back from Boston tonight other than that it was definitely a relief to ride.

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #10 - 06/26/09 at 22:52:22

What a difference where I am, near the Gulf Coast.  No rain for weeks, and we've had 100 degrees for at least 5 days.  My area started a water advisory today.  The air smells; we need a good scrubbing.  Oh, how I wish that rain would make it down here.  This kind of condition is the norm for the Austin area in the late summer, but not for Houston in the early summer.  So, yes, dry conditions for riding, if you like 100 degree riding with blazing sun.  I'd take a tropical storm right now.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #11 - 06/27/09 at 06:45:31

kevinphan wrote on 06/26/09 at 00:17:42:
According to the farmers almanac were suppose to have the rainiest summer ever this year... so far it has been true.

Farmer's Almanac is wrong more than they're right.  Remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

45° mornings, 70's in the day, clear, and dry, sometimes breezy, here in the Pacific Northwest.

IP Logged
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Reply #12 - 06/27/09 at 11:16:32

I don't mean to jab a stick at you when your down but it's been like 90 here in tucson for the past 2-3 weeks with some intermitent sprinkles from time to time. The car to bike ratio here is like 5-1, I pass at least 15 bikes a day in a 15m ride. Thats like a bike a munite on average, sometimes more sometimes less. Great weather in in AZ. I hope you get yours soon. I've lived back east before and you do have a good 4 months coming to you.

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #13 - 06/27/09 at 12:54:49

Hey, AngloSaxon..when in Bridgton,if'n you gt a chance, swing by North B. and wave at the Bridgton Academy, I'm a graduate of that institution.  (sorta a school for less then maximum effort young men) Grin at least back in the late 60's. They have/had? a little museum with stuff from an artic or antartic explorer..maybee Perry?

IP Logged
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Reply #14 - 06/27/09 at 13:58:50

Grin Just to wind you up Anglo, despite it being Wimbledon and Glastonberry week we're enjoying somewhat a mini heatwave here in Blighty with temps averaging about 80.... Cool

Good luck Merhlin for the 4th... Have fun... And best wishes to you and your future Wife, May You Have Many Many Happy Years Together

It was our 14th wedding anniversary last week on the 24th.. (UK Summer Solstice.. Old Hippies we are)

AJ

« Last Edit: 06/27/09 at 15:34:53 by 23Skidoo »  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:11:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The Weather!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.