Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
the art of backfire (Read 493 times)
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Re: the art of backfire
Reply #30 - 06/11/09 at 01:42:30

I only scratched my tank and dented it a tad and broke my license plate mount. I take it as a sign the God's wanted me to paint the tank black!  Grin

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #31 - 06/11/09 at 11:13:16

Since we are off topic a bit -- I dropped mine for the very first time..

Backing out of garage walking on one side instead of sitting on it,  i step on one foot and i gracfully fall over while trying to pull it back... all i can say is atleast i was not moving.  only a small scratch on the end of handlebar - saddle bags took the rest.

Lessons to be learned: sit on bike when backing out! and dont rush which i love to do for some reason

IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Reply #32 - 06/11/09 at 12:14:21

matt wrote on 06/11/09 at 11:13:16:
Since we are off topic a bit -- I dropped mine for the very first time..

Backing out of garage walking on one side instead of sitting on it,  i step on one foot and i gracfully fall over while trying to pull it back... all i can say is atleast i was not moving.  only a small scratch on the end of handlebar - saddle bags took the rest.

Lessons to be learned: sit on bike when backing out! and dont rush which i love to do for some reason

Thankfully I learned my lesson in the yard on grass, don't try and walk beside a bike and push, especially if you plan to make a turn! Sit astride every time. Especially after a couple of beers  Embarrassed

Although I had no audience, I must have looked unbelievably incompetent..

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #33 - 06/11/09 at 12:16:44

kevin, the rat bike elders have made your decision for u! lol u can never go wrong with black, flat, matte or shiny!!

and i did the same thing one time, i park mine in my backyard and i have to walk it around the house, well i was in the process of putting her to bed and i think i hit a little mound of dirt and she just fell over. no damage though as it was in grass !!

i couldn't have a nice paint job, 2 much work and 2 much to worry about!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 23:37:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › the art of backfire

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.