Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Wanted things for the Savage ? (Read 555 times)
mikestrikes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Decatur, AL
Wanted things for the Savage ?
06/01/09 at 19:05:16

What are the parts you want but they dont make, or what part of the bike would you like worked on ?

I'm getting a Welder, Lathe, Mill, and just putting it out to my Motorsickle peeps so to share my shop in the endless need to mod our rides....

IP Logged
Joshua
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Wanted things for the Savage ?
Reply #1 - 06/01/09 at 19:15:33

I can't think of anything but thanks for the offer.

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #2 - 06/01/09 at 19:26:49

a good crash bar, a dual headlight bracket. a decent cargo rack.
when your done with those I'll give ya more. Cool
Seviersavage

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #3 - 06/01/09 at 19:29:07

Front lightbar for mounting driving lights, aftermarket front turn signal mounts, saddlebag supports for bags larger than the OEM bags, combo cat eye tail light/aftermarket rear turn signal mount bracket to go under the rear of the fender, combo tail light/turns for those who have bobbed the rear fender, muffler mounts, front seat raise thingamajigs to get rid of those dang plastic spacers wrapped in electrical tape, brackets to move battery back for those that have removed their airbox, forward controls with extended support bar that allows adding highway pegs on the end...

Man, I could go on forever with this list.  

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #4 - 06/01/09 at 19:46:54

I agree with the brackets for moving the battery back. I myself would love to have a whole different battery box. The stock one is UGLY and that plastic top is the worst idea ever.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Reply #5 - 06/01/09 at 20:04:26

A battery box that mounts low on he frame up front between the forward controls. A nice sleek like...blends right into the shape of the frame/controls. Maybe a nice bottom curve out to match the low curve of the front tire.  Huh You can call it the Def Battery Box  Grin

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #6 - 06/01/09 at 20:13:56

A BIG GAS TANK!!!!!!

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Reply #7 - 06/01/09 at 20:14:51

Ghost brackets/easy brackets. I've seen them made work on other small bikes with similar fender rails, why don't they make them to fit a Savage?---NB I want this one MOST OF ALL! Grin

Dual Headlight bracket, one that's adjustable for possible windshield options.

Better cargo rack, maybe something that uses the stock fender rails

Footpeg adapters for HD style mounts, i.e. kuryakn "adjustable male peg" but with the "finger" Slowzuki put on the stock pegs. (Should be a small and easy setup)

Stylized or custom battery box, custom as cutout flames, tribal designs, etc... Maybe even something that could still use the stock "toolbox"

License plate bracket turn signal relocation kit. Those that love bobbin' usually come up with them on their own, again shouldn't be hard to setup for machining.

Sissy bar options: taller, without pad, with bigger pad, simple handle design, designs to match battery box, etc...

Maybe not metal, but premade white spacers for the carb. Maybe a kit with 3 or 4 of different thickness.

Stainless front seat risers/hardware. Aluminum, stainless, black maybe also in 1/2" increments would be nice.

Other things could easily be made, but are already supplied by others right now...Versy, Ed.L controls, Tkat, Seiver brackets...

These are the top items I'd like to see custom adapted to the savage, instead of buying the gizmo from pickyoursite.com and drilling, bending, etc. to make it fit.

IP Logged
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Reply #8 - 06/01/09 at 21:00:20

I want a luggage rack to fit over the rear tire, where the back seat normally goes.  I have a real pretty HD one, but I think it will need modding.  And the pool needs cleaning, and the lawn mowing, and the animals need brushing....you get the idea.  I can't do it, and my husband has a "to do list" a mile long.  

Let me know if you come up with something, or want to see a pic of the piece I have.   Smiley

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #9 - 06/01/09 at 22:03:39

vhfkid wrote on 06/01/09 at 20:14:51:
Ghost brackets/easy brackets. I've seen them made work on other small bikes with similar fender rails, why don't they make them to fit a Savage?---NB I want this one MOST OF ALL! Grin

Dual Headlight bracket, one that's adjustable for possible windshield options.

Better cargo rack, maybe something that uses the stock fender rails

Footpeg adapters for HD style mounts, i.e. kuryakn "adjustable male peg" but with the "finger" Slowzuki put on the stock pegs. (Should be a small and easy setup)

Stylized or custom battery box, custom as cutout flames, tribal designs, etc... Maybe even something that could still use the stock "toolbox"

License plate bracket turn signal relocation kit. Those that love bobbin' usually come up with them on their own, again shouldn't be hard to setup for machining.

Sissy bar options: taller, without pad, with bigger pad, simple handle design, designs to match battery box, etc...

Maybe not metal, but premade white spacers for the carb. Maybe a kit with 3 or 4 of different thickness.

Stainless front seat risers/hardware. Aluminum, stainless, black maybe also in 1/2" increments would be nice.
Other things could easily be made, but are already supplied by others right now...Versy, Ed.L controls, Tkat, Seiver brackets...

These are the top items I'd like to see custom adapted to the savage, instead of buying the gizmo from pickyoursite.com and drilling, bending, etc. to make it fit.

I actually drew up something along that line, for aluminum.  Now I just need to dig through the scrap bin at work and see what's available.  It's not very stylish, just a couple blocks, but once I see how functional it is, may think about fancying it up.  If it works good, I may try and post a blueprint of it or something.  Although if we don't have any scraps at work, I'll have to pay, and that always slows things down. Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 06/01/09 at 22:09:28

Oh, Oh!,........  
A front belt pulley with two less cogs, for a higher overall gearing!....  
Lazy rpm for highway.... and,.....

I want to do the ton!....
Just once,... so I can say my bike will do it!...
Huh Huh Huh  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #11 - 06/01/09 at 22:17:26

Serowbot wrote on 06/01/09 at 22:09:28:
Oh, Oh!,........  
A front belt pulley with two less cogs, for a higher overall gearing!....  
Lazy rpm for highway.... and,.....

I want to do the ton!....
Just once,... so I can say my bike will do it!...
Huh Huh Huh  

Huh  Correct me if I'm wrong (happens more than I'll admit!) but for higher speed with less rpm, wouldn't you want a bigger front pulley, or smaller rear pulley? Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 06/01/09 at 22:25:20

Absolutely right JD

If you could get someone to make you a smaller rear pulley by one tooth... pitch is ~.25"?... it would shift the rear axle back by half that amount.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 06/01/09 at 22:37:16

John_D FSO wrote on 06/01/09 at 22:17:26:
Huh  Correct me if I'm wrong (happens more than I'll admit!) but for higher speed with less rpm, wouldn't you want a bigger front pulley, or smaller rear pulley? Undecided

Forgive me,... and thanks for the correction...  
I'm such an idiot.... Huh
I blame it on the excitement.... Huh
I really,... really.. want to do the ton...........  Shocked
....on this bike,..... Wink

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #14 - 06/01/09 at 22:44:12

Grin I've had mine up to 80 or so, which is plenty for me... for now anyway. Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 21:42:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wanted things for the Savage ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.