Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
4 Day Weekend (Read 91 times)
CPLgrr-USMC

First Bike Love

Camp Pendleton, CA
4 Day Weekend
05/20/09 at 18:50:08

It's gonna be a good weekend... Today I just received my K&N cone filter in the mail. Needless to say I 86'ed the airbox. I also went down to some cycle stores and picked up a 150 main jet and a 50 pilot. I also picked up some washers for the white spacer mod. Not to mention that I got the bracket and some hardware for a battery relocation plus some rubber spacers for the seat lift mod so I can move the magic SH*T box. Oh, I also I also got some black exhaust wrap and a new muffler... Ya it's gonna be a great 4 day weekend.

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: 4 Day Weekend
Reply #1 - 05/20/09 at 18:57:48

Remember, as much fun as it is to work on, it's even better to ride.  Spend a couple of those days on top of the thing.  The magic sh!t box will still be there Tuesday.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #2 - 05/20/09 at 19:10:37

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 05/20/09 at 18:57:48:
Remember, as much fun as it is to work on, it's even better to ride.  Spend a couple of those days on top of the thing.  The magic sh!t box will still be there Tuesday.

Amen to that. I've got a higway peg project I've been putting off for a month, because everytime I get the time to do it, it's just too pretty not to ride. Yeah, I'm a slacker. Cool

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
CPLgrr-USMC

First Bike Love

Camp Pendleton, CA
Reply #3 - 05/20/09 at 19:11:04

True, True... I can't wait to hear how it sounds. Right now, my lawn mower is literally louder.

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #4 - 05/20/09 at 19:45:05

I put together a highway peg setup last night, but I don't think it's going to stay.  Too many parts, leading me to believe that I might be killed if one of them fails.  I bought materials today to build a better outfit.

If you look closely, you can see them here.  It might give anyone thinking of building their own some ideas on what to avoid.  The key components of this rig were handlebars from a 1970's snowmobile, windshield clamps from Kay's first windshield off the GZ250, and the passenger foot pegs off the parts Savage.  

I'm going to use handlebar risers from the parts bike, along with some heavier pipe on the next draft.  I think I'll stick with the old passenger pegs, as they fold up nicely, and kind of match the rest of the bike.

CPLgrrr, sounds like you better leave a little time to work on your lawn mower, too. Smiley

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
CPLgrr-USMC

First Bike Love

Camp Pendleton, CA
Reply #5 - 05/20/09 at 20:11:17

My lawn mower is FINE! ha. Besides, I have some people that mow it for me... Lazy, I know.

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #6 - 05/21/09 at 00:42:27

Sandy,
The handlebar idea is where I'm going. Handlebars don't look all that different from the moustache bars I see advertised for $100.00 plus online. The seet I intend to use is from a BMX bicycle. It has the crossbar at the top. Windshield mounts might be a bit flimsy. I was thinking u-bolts with stainless backing plate drilled out for the u-bolt. Haven't got the pegs figured out yet, but I'm thinking of going with some after market pegs, or a visit to the MC salvage yard.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:29:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 4 Day Weekend

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!