does anyone else?? (Read 358 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
does anyone else??
05/17/09 at 09:01:04

get cranky when they can't ride? like they missed out on something? i didn't get to ride last night or the night b4...i either had 2 pick people up or transport some crap....

should i be twitching right now? if i miss a karate class my whole rythym is out of wack......

i'm doing a birthday party 2day, then going to my security job but i'm thinking i can ride to the security place(about 15, 20 minutes away) and then take a long cruise 2nite....i really reall really need it!!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Re: does anyone else??
Reply #1 - 05/17/09 at 09:12:22

you're hooked!!  gonna have to start doing scooter rides to taper off...lol  you'll really know its bad when you hear a lawnmower and say to yourself "i think he needs to go 1 jet richer on his main"....or "a dyna pipe would sound so much better"...lol

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #2 - 05/17/09 at 09:53:57

Try living in Wisconsin. I get to ride maybe 2 out of every 7 or 8 days. Otherwise it's either too cold, raining, 60mph winds.....one thing or another. Everytime I get on it's like the first time. You southern folks got it made. The warmest day I've seen yet this spring is about 62 degree's.

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/17/09 at 10:54:45

I don't know. I've never tried it.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 05/17/09 at 19:19:59

lol yeah i'm in need of rehab! i went from west palm 2 boynton, then boynton to royal palm..they're all within a couple miles of each other but i saw some nice trees, beautiful weather, and it's sunday night so i had the roads to myself!

i rode 2 my security job and i had her parked near the gaurd shack...somebody came up and asked if i do wheelies....pointless conversations some times lol

BUT i needed that! i feel "revived" if u will...and i do seem 2 get quite a few looks on her...i know it's not my physically cuz of the full faced....backfire is gorgeous...even if i do get a bigger bike...i wanna keep her forever!!! ! !

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #5 - 05/17/09 at 21:39:15

Oh I get real grumpy if I don't ride for few days. Savage therapy to the rescue.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #6 - 05/18/09 at 05:13:03

Due to the 40 to 60 degree weather here i feel the same, i dont bulk up when i ride so its too cold......
We have 70-80 degrees heading into Chicago this week, im doin the happy dance right now! ill deal with the cool morning ride to work just to ride home when its warm!

IP Logged
craigq
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, ON
Reply #7 - 05/18/09 at 06:33:25

Rocco wrote on 05/17/09 at 09:01:04:
get cranky when they can't ride?

Simple answer, yes.

During the winter months we call it "PMS" up here, "Parked Motorcycle Syndrome", which lasts 4-5 months...

2009 WR250R/X
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #8 - 05/18/09 at 07:54:00

hahaha pms that's hilarious!! i don't think i could handle more then a couple of days!!

and i guess it's true, people with motorcycles don't need therapy !!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 05/18/09 at 08:27:31

This has got to be the coldest May we have ever had.No one told Wisconsin about Global Warming.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #10 - 05/18/09 at 11:13:02

Come to think of it, when I got my Savage I quite my therapist.  Grin

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #11 - 05/18/09 at 12:54:47

cold?! we had the coldest winter here in south fla! i'm from jersey but lived in several other places...out in nebraska u expect cold and u prepare...i swear it almost snowed down here and of course i didn' have any winter clothes left.....now i have my leather jacket! but i have a feeling global warming was made up lol since everywhere is colder then it used 2 be!!

and i was told never ride when you're mad....but i did and i wasn't mad after getting on....funny how your mood shifts as u do lol

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #12 - 05/19/09 at 10:45:59

Im cranky as its been like 3 or 4 days of just rain... rain rain rain...

Rocco, I kinda aggree, Florida does seem like its getting colder! Lived here my whole life, before winter was warm and kept getting warmer eventually, shorts all year! this winter and if memory serves correct last year was brutal, as in cold.

the motorcycle class i took told us not to ride angry becasue we will ride angerly.. My mood changes for the better the louder the wind gets Wink although i do recall being real pissed once and driving a little extra fast but then again the extra fast wind put a big fat smile on my big fat face.

IP Logged
sakara
2005 No Login

Thumpalicious

Lockport, NY
Reply #13 - 05/19/09 at 13:09:54

I'm at work reading this with long johns and a thermal on underneath the button shirt and khakis, cuz a few buddies and I rode in yesterday and today. Mid thirtys both mornings. Yeah, its cold, but worth it. Sack up, dudes! Smiley (and dudettes?)

But to the OP, yeah when I have to take the truck I'm usually darned grumpy, too.

Alliance Member

'86 Thumper bobber rat project.
sakara   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #14 - 05/19/09 at 19:12:37

haha that's what i was thinking!! how can u be mad when your bike farts everytime u release the throttle?!?!?! and this last winter sucked! totally unprepared "i'm moving to florida" i said as i threw away all winter clothes MISTAKE!!! lol

and i cannot stand the cold...used to not phase me, but now 65 is brutal!

and now when i drive my stratus, it seems like i'm waisting time and purely going somewhere....and my rear view fell off recently...chose to leave it off. having to check side mirrors feels very "savage" to me ! !  ! Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:25:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › does anyone else??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.