Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: does anyone else??
Reply #15 - 05/19/09 at 19:15:48

Sluggo said it best, many moons ago...
"If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride."  However, the ice is a different thing.  

My poor truck will sit idle until October or November except for the weekly dump run.  If I'm able rig up a trailer, I won't even need it for that.

I wonder if therapists see an annual decline in their economic sector?  Do they get more depressed as the rest of us snap out of it come spring?

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Beatduck
Alliance Member

Spleen tingling fun!

Sarasota, FL
Reply #16 - 05/19/09 at 19:30:13

Never without my rainsuit! Kayaking duffel a must as well!

OK, Florida.... Flat. No curves. Really old people who can't see over the steering wheel of their boat-of-car, and especially CAN"T SEE YOU!
Did I mention HOT. And not the dry-heat either. (Think clothes simulating a heated swimming pool in the summer.)

IP Logged
CPLgrr-USMC

First Bike Love

Camp Pendleton, CA
Reply #17 - 05/19/09 at 19:32:08

I love SOCAL, no rain..

IP Logged
Beatduck
Alliance Member

Spleen tingling fun!

Sarasota, FL
Reply #18 - 05/19/09 at 19:37:38

Yeah, was in LA not to long ago and there was a lot of places I would have liked to have my bike.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #19 - 05/20/09 at 07:46:14

i haven't ridden in the rain yet...i'd like the old people to be able to @least see 5 foot in front of them as opposed to not @ all!

and wearing a full face when it's hot is not fun, especially when sitting @ a light for what seems like an eternity!

on the positive side learning to ride in south fla my defensive driving skills are going to be impeccable! lol and y do  they drive crown vics? it's just them and their yorkie...a smart car would do the job fine

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Reply #20 - 05/20/09 at 10:30:33

Rocco wrote on 05/20/09 at 07:46:14:
i haven't ridden in the rain yet...i'd like the old people to be able to @least see 5 foot in front of them as opposed to not @ all!

and wearing a full face when it's hot is not fun, especially when sitting @ a light for what seems like an eternity!

on the positive side learning to ride in south fla my defensive driving skills are going to be impeccable! lol and y do  they drive crown vics? it's just them and their yorkie...a smart car would do the job fine

you're lucky, it's only towncars and crown vics now, used to chrysler imperials and helipad sized cadi's.... your comment on the full face helmet reminded me of a candian cat i saw on a bmw at a light once... 80 odd degrees out, dude's in full leathers and fullface(all black, it was the 80s...lol)... you could actually feel the heat radiating off him, as well as see the puddles forming at his feet from the sweat running down..... bet he would have given a finger for a vented joe rocket back then....lol

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #21 - 05/20/09 at 21:59:13

haha yeah thank God the cars don't weigh 6000pnds anymore! although i did see a really sweet nova, skylark and vette 2nite...wednesday is car show night apparently!

and yeah compared to the full leather, the textile is a blessing! doesn't feel like i'm even wearing it! i would've gotten a joe rocket but cycle gear only had ones that said "gsx-r" on em....lol i'm not into posing!

i went riding just now(12 am to around 1) and it was cloudy but no rain...ALOT of wind though ! i took 441 to southern and back down....cruised @ 60....bit step from flying around the neighborhood!!!!

baby steps! small victories are important to celebrate, especially for newbie riders!! ! !

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:28:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › does anyone else??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.