Send Topic Print
Do you live near...? (Read 222 times)
Hard Corps

Freedom is worth
facing your fears

Kansas City, Missouri
Do you live near...?
05/12/09 at 14:33:56

So, I'm taking the bike on a 1,200 mile trip.  I'm spacing it over about 5 days, starting Friday.  I'll be travelling from Kansas City to Camp Lejeune, NC by way of St. Louis, Louisville, Charleston WV, and Greensboro, NC.

Just curious if anybody lives along the route.  #1, I'll have plenty of time to meet up for a cup of coffee, as I'm only planning to ride about 4 hours a day and camp the rest of the time.  #2, should I have some kind of a breakdown, it would be nice to have friendly faces along the way.  

Black 2003, Bare-bones, Somewhere along Route 66, Marine Corps Sergeant
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Re: Do you live near...?
Reply #1 - 05/12/09 at 14:49:34

im about 50 miles north of charleston wv, are you travelling down i77, or sticking to the smaller 2 lane roads? pm me your # and i'll do the same. if your close i'll try and help out or meet up. btw, i only work fri, then not again till tues. so as long as your coming through any day but fri. i could help out.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #2 - 05/12/09 at 17:00:09

I am about 90 miles north east of Jacksonville in Washington, NC.  I really thought it was closer than that.  Anyway, if you pm me I will send you my phone number and you can count on me as a just in case kind of thing.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #3 - 05/12/09 at 20:56:53

I'm not on your route but recommend driving thru Fayetteville, WV. It's home to the New River Gorge Bridge and Dirty Ernie's Rib Shack. I go there every year during the Fall.

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Hard Corps

Freedom is worth
facing your fears

Kansas City, Missouri
Reply #4 - 05/13/09 at 07:47:44

rigidchop wrote on 05/12/09 at 14:49:34:
im about 50 miles north of charleston wv, are you travelling down i77, or sticking to the smaller 2 lane roads? pm me your # and i'll do the same. if your close i'll try and help out or meet up. btw, i only work fri, then not again till tues. so as long as your coming through any day but fri. i could help out.

I'm coming in from the west on 64 and then heading south on 64/77.  At this point I'm planning on staying the night at Kanawha State Forest (Sunday, 17th).  PM sent.

IP Logged
Hard Corps

Freedom is worth
facing your fears

Kansas City, Missouri
Reply #5 - 05/13/09 at 07:52:06

prechermike wrote on 05/12/09 at 17:00:09:
I am about 90 miles north east of Jacksonville in Washington, NC.  I really thought it was closer than that.  Anyway, if you pm me I will send you my phone number and you can count on me as a just in case kind of thing.

Great! Thanks.  I'll be in Jacksonville for about 6 weeks and should have weekends off.  We'll have to get together. Maybe meet in New Bern or something.  PM sent.

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #6 - 05/13/09 at 08:04:17

I sent a PM before I read this.  New Bern is a good gathering spot.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Hard Corps

Freedom is worth
facing your fears

Kansas City, Missouri
Reply #7 - 05/13/09 at 11:13:26

*bump*

So, are there any Savage folks around St. Louis, Louisville or the route in between?

"Bueller....Bueller..."

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #8 - 06/07/09 at 12:06:16

Hard Corp made it safe and sound to Jackonsville.  We got together this weekend, rode a while and visited a while.  I wish i had taken my camera to meet him, as we had a cool ride across the Pamlico River on the ferry.  Live and learn, as they say.

Here we are, in all our glory:

« Last Edit: 07/06/09 at 13:03:04 by prechermike »  

prechermike   IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #9 - 06/07/09 at 19:51:50

I live 15 miles north of I70 halfway in between Columbia and St. Louis. Exit 175 is about 3 hours from you. I suggest staying out of the St Louis metro area during rush hour traffic.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 21:21:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Do you live near...?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.