Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Still Got Wiring Problem (Read 38 times)
genejohnson

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Still Got Wiring Problem
05/08/09 at 15:06:32

For those of you that don't remember my previous post about a 86 with wiring problems, I'll try to recap. The PO wired in a toggle switch in place of the Ignition Switch. (reason unknown) The wiring wasn't to schematic so I removed the switch and wired correctly. Attached a Battery and still no ignition. The Headlight, Tail-light and Horn works but it won't turn over. I checked the Starter and the Fuses and they are O.K.
  I noticed a bit of wiring that is unattached under the seat. A green wire that turns into a white wire, a black with white stripe wire that turns into two red wires and then a lone black wire. All of these come from the harness under the seat. When I say turns into I mean they run thru see-thru plastic connections. Anyone have any ideas what these wires should be attached to?
  Got any ideas where to look next? Gene

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Still Got Wiring Problem
Reply #1 - 05/08/09 at 17:29:40

I sent you a PM, Gene. Seriously, its one fine troubleshooting technique. If this wont make it spin over, youll know a lot close where to look. If it does spin with this switch in place, then you know where to look.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BillTheRat
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/08/09 at 18:14:47

I've been staring at the wiring diagram all day trying to find my electrical ghostie.  If you have a Black/White wire running into 2 Red wires you have a direct short.  It should blow the fuse unless it is tied into the hot before the fuses.

IP Logged
genejohnson

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/08/09 at 18:45:01

Thanks justin_o_guy2, I'll give it a try tomorrow.
BillTheRat, The red wires go nowhere, they are loose.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:34:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Still Got Wiring Problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.