New LS650 Owner (Read 677 times)
Laurie Savage
YaBB Newbies

Keep The Dirty Side
Down

NW PA
New LS650 Owner
05/02/09 at 15:06:36

Hi I am Laurie, aka Laurie Savage.  I just got my 2nd motorcycle yesterday.  It's a 98 LS650.  My 1st bike was an 86 Kawasaki 454 LTD / EN450 which I loved but I had a hard time riding it because I am a lil girl and I have little hands.  It was hard for me to squeeze the front brake lever.  So I sold the  EN and found this LS.  I am a fairly new rider and I have to say I LOVE this bike.  It is SWEET!  I have some pics of both bikes and I will get them posted.

Oh and hello from Pennsylvania  Cool

sonflowersweetie   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: New LS650 Owner
Reply #1 - 05/02/09 at 15:09:53

Laurie Savage wrote on 05/02/09 at 15:06:36:
Hi I am Laurie, aka Laurie Savage.  I just got my 2nd motorcycle yesterday.  It's a 98 LS650.  My 1st bike was an 86 Kawasaki 454 LTD / EN450 which I loved but I had a hard time riding it because I am a lil girl and I have little hands.  It was hard for me to squeeze the front brake lever.  So I sold the  EN and found this LS.  I am a fairly new rider and I have to say I LOVE this bike.  It is SWEET!  I have some pics of both bikes and I will get them posted.

Oh and hello from Pennsylvania  Cool

Before you ask "How do I post a pic"

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1240899665

And welcome, you will never meet a better bunch of Savages on the net or in real life.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 05/02/09 at 15:13:54

Hello  Laurie,
 From the east side of PA.   Welcome to the site.   Pa is well represented. ... east, central and west side.  

T Mack

Note, my bike was originally from Erie.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Laurie Savage
YaBB Newbies

Keep The Dirty Side
Down

NW PA
Reply #3 - 05/02/09 at 15:22:38

I have a friend named Mark who lives in your town.  He has a SWEET Ford Mustang Mystic Cobra.  On my Facebook account I have some pictures of Pickles Steakhouse.  I am planning on visiting my friends down there this Summer.

~Laurie

SavRon

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #4 - 05/02/09 at 15:23:36

Welcome Laurie. I used to be a Keystone native, but now reside in Ohio... Angry

You'll love the Savage, my first bike also. And lots of excellent help on here. This site is a treasure trove of friendly help & info. Enjoy your stay and the bike.

IP Logged
Laurie Savage
YaBB Newbies

Keep The Dirty Side
Down

NW PA
Reply #5 - 05/02/09 at 15:29:55

My Tangerine Suzie

My Sweet 454

Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #6 - 05/02/09 at 15:37:32

You sure won't need the comfort mods, you are small and you make the bike look pretty darn good.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - 05/02/09 at 16:07:15

Welcome to the club.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
backgammondog
YaBB Newbies
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/02/09 at 16:12:16

Hello Laurie, welcome to the group. Fine looking machine you've got there. I like the Savage in that particular color.
Keep those wheels turning.
-BGD-

IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #9 - 05/02/09 at 17:13:06

nice pics like the color of the savage. read all the posts lots of great info.  Wink

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #10 - 05/02/09 at 17:28:29

WELCOME! i'm brand new as well & everyone on here is pretty cool!

what color do they call that? besides sweet? lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #11 - 05/02/09 at 18:57:55

Huzzah! And welcome! You are now riding one of the funnest and most underrated bikes around.  It's old school simplicity. You chose wisely.  Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #12 - 05/02/09 at 19:11:42

Howdy, girl!  Yep, one of the best overall bikes around.  I didn't know that at first but have to come to realize that fact.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 05/02/09 at 20:13:53

I had a 454 a couple years ago. I thought that bike was rather revvy for a cruiser. Didn;t suit, though it was peppy and fun. Ride it like a sport bike.
I lived in PA from 92-93 - reading. I currently own 3 savages and have owned 6 total going back to 95. I'd call it my second favorite atleast by number I have owned ... my first is a GS500 apparently. 16 of those have gone through my hands ... though currently savages out number GS'es in my possession, might be the first time anythign has done that ... may not ... I owned 4 eliminators (though 2 were 900 and 2 were 1000's) at one point in 2004 and only 3 GS500's.
I currently own 2 GS frames, 1 GS/GR combo and one true GS500. Conversely, I own 3 savages that are 100% complete and 20 mins form running.
Does PA still ahve that instamt permit scam. Yikes, that is a total preying on the lazy and stupid if ever there was one. make the DMV so complicated and cumbersome, and sell people temporary stuff year over year. Next thing you know, the gubbamint will be selling crack. BTW I got a ticket one time in NJ on my ninja 600 and it was literally everythign I could do to avoid being hauled off to jail. I actually had to go to an ATM and pay the cop on the spot for the fine due to my instant permit status. Of course that was 1992, and when I moved to WA state in 93, they saw my instant permit and laughed.
They said, sorry son, we dont sell permits here @ Kmart. Sheesh.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Laurie Savage
YaBB Newbies

Keep The Dirty Side
Down

NW PA
Reply #14 - 05/02/09 at 21:11:40

No, we have to test for our permits now.  Also instead of the instant permit for 90 days it is one year.  Once you pass the test for the permit you can instantly have it for the price of $10.  Maybe that is what you mean? Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:25:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New LS650 Owner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.