Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MINI SAVAGE 2 THE RESCUE!!! (Read 147 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
MINI SAVAGE 2 THE RESCUE!!!
05/02/09 at 14:52:08

i just finished day 2, first day on the riding course of my msf school...and it was AWESOME!!! well worth the money, i learned many things that i was doing wrong, and how 2 correct them!

i mentioned this elsewhere but did u know motorcycles are allowed in the HOV lane whenever they want!?!??!

the choices of bikes were a honda, 2 kaw 125's and 2 suzuki 250's...guess which one i grabbed =] for a little bike it really moved! and the controls were very similar 2 the savage...except for the choke...

i had an amazing time, can't w8 til 2morrow! if u have 2 take the course u will not be sorry! i'm even thinking about taking the experienced riders course in a couple of months.....that one u use your own bike !

i also need a non leather jacket! it was about 90 2day in south florida and sitting there i almost cooked from the inside out...i'll have 2 look into some textile jackets.....i can always use an excuse 2 run around cycle gear lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: MINI SAVAGE 2 THE RESCUE!!!
Reply #1 - 05/02/09 at 14:54:31

here's what she looked like...they had little names on the back..mine was named allison

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #2 - 05/02/09 at 15:08:54

Yeah, the MSF courses are great, the two ladies that taught the one I went to were very good at it.  We had mostly Honda CB250's (I think that's right), 2 250cc cruisers, can't remember what make, a 250 Ninja, and a dual-sport, so you could maybe have something close to what you owned.

Yeah, the leather isn't bad when you're moving, if there's enough vents in it, but it's like a sauna when you're stopped.  I need to get one of those mesh ones.  Are you required to wear an actual jacket for your class, or just long sleeves?  Ours was the latter, I just wore a light long sleeve shirt, since it was flirting with 100 degrees when I took mine last June. Shocked  

Glad you're enjoying the course, good luck on the 2nd day! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #3 - 05/02/09 at 15:13:35

Rocco wrote on 05/02/09 at 14:52:08:
i mentioned this elsewhere but did u know motorcycles are allowed in the HOV lane whenever they want!?!??!

Yes, it is federal law that allows it though NY hates the idea and will still give a biker a ticket for it. The AMA is not happy with New York for that.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 05/02/09 at 16:25:22

the course is great! and a couple of the female instructors were watching us...no pressure or anything haha they both had 1000cc sport bikes btw

all u have 2 wear is long sleeves...i luckily had a windbreaker in my car but 2morrow i may just wear long sleeves...as long as they don't see any skin is what they told me !

and i wonder y they still ticket in ny? down here there's no sign that says motorcycles can go in the hov lane and road rage takes over alot of people and causes problems because they don't know we're allowed to! my friend had a beer bottle thrown @ him!

a friend told a friend heard from this one guy who maybe heard this from a cop...that if someone is deliberately trying 2 aggravate u and u happen 2 throw a bunch of pennies on the ground while you're in front of them...as long as they hit the ground you are not @ fault if they sustain damage 2 their car....but u didn't hear it from me...i'd just be worried about being run over lol

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #5 - 05/02/09 at 16:52:44

i 4got 2 say i got a 92% on my written test  Smiley

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #6 - 05/02/09 at 16:53:56

Pretty good score there Rocco

IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #7 - 05/02/09 at 17:01:27

last year when i took my course they mentioned the adv. course ,but added you should have 8000 miles under you to get the most out of it. good luck on the rest of your course. Wink

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #8 - 05/02/09 at 17:07:49

thank u thank u ! i actually studied the book @ home lol

8000 miles huh? that might take a while...or maybe not! lol

in my martial arts training i believe in furthering your education and u are forever a student...i'm treating riding with the same mindset!

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #9 - 05/02/09 at 17:10:18

Rocco wrote on 05/02/09 at 17:07:49:
thank u thank u ! i actually studied the book @ home lol

8000 miles huh? that might take a while...or maybe not! lol

in my martial arts training i believe in furthering your education and u are forever a student...i'm treating riding with the same mindset!

I do not remember who said it, but I believe the saying is. "Training never ends" At least that's how I remember it.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #10 - 05/02/09 at 17:25:26

i agree 100%! people need to realize they can always be better, and there is always someone better then u out there

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 19:22:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › MINI SAVAGE 2 THE RESCUE!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.