Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
finally got er' (Read 66 times)
odvelasc
Ex Member

finally got er'
05/02/09 at 16:06:41

Finally got er' running good. No more black smoke on the idle. For the first few mintues I would get a bit of black smoke when I would throttle while idling. Its gone and she runs nice. I got her on the second richest setting on the dial a het, a bit of pop, pop backfire here and there, however I need to fix a small leak in my muffler. She runs sooo well. My friend on his GS500 notice quite the acceleration right across the power band. Mileage seems pretty good to. I just came back from a 130km(roughly 80miles) tour with my friend through some twisty roads along the river. She handles soo well. Its a whole different bike.  Still getting used to leaning more into curves and turns with the new drag bars. The beast has finally awoken.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: finally got er'
Reply #1 - 05/02/09 at 16:10:37

Congratulations, on getting her running proper.  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 05/02/09 at 16:17:19

how much different are the drag bars handling wise compared to stock?

how much do they cost? i might put them on my christmas list lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/02/09 at 17:18:21

Rocco wrote on 05/02/09 at 16:17:19:
how much different are the drag bars handling wise compared to stock?

how much do they cost? i might put them on my christmas list lol

Umm I find it quite different. Counter-steering is very easy with the buckhorns if those are your stock models. I find I now have to totally lean more into my turns, thus counter-stearing is non-existent. That could be due to my particular drag bars. They are a little high up. mine were 70CAD at a local custom shop I go to for parts. You can almost tell in the pic that they bend back a bit. They rise about 6inches up from the top of the risers. I have mine leaning forward a bit so that I could see back with my mirrors. Its an awesome position, my wrists love it better than the buckhorns. Here is a link to the pics.

http://savageriders.yuku.com/topic/73/t/Finally-done-New-handle-bar-installat...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 15:24:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › finally got er'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.