Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
first actual ride that wasn't in my neighborhood!! (Read 250 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
first actual ride that wasn't in my neighborhood!!
04/25/09 at 21:12:58

or in an empty parking lot! my friend picked me up around 6, it was such a beautiful night(a beach night as my girlfriend likes to say lol) and we rode down 2 a1a....if u've ever been down it it's awesome! right on the water, there's trees that make the road tunnels, and alot of really curvy roads.

we rode down 2 the boynton inlet, i live in lake worth, so that's farther then i expected 2 go on my first time ever in traffic! it went really well! i stalled a few times but other then that i loved it! alot of other motorcyclists waved or nodded which i think was pretty cool.

i've never had that feeling, looking up @ trees or over @ the beach as u snap crackle and pop your way by....i was addicted just riding in my neighborhood...now i am a junkie!

i look 4ward to many many more rides like that! for the record we did 32 miles in south florida traffic(my longest ride 2 date b4 this was 5 miles in a target parking lot haha). it was friggin wicked, i was so psyched after that i couldn't sleep.....hopefully you guys know where i'm coming from....i have a feeling you do! and like my friend who has been riding for 30 years or so he takes for granted the little things that are new and awesome 2 a beginner!!

and i've also decided 2 name my bike BaCkFiRe....on the account of how much she likes 2 do it! it makes me laugh every time she does...and my little brother said the name sounds like some sort of transformer lol  i couldn't afford eleanor off gone in 60 seconds but backfire is just as nice! anybody else name their bike?

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: first actual ride that wasn't in my neighborho
Reply #1 - 04/25/09 at 22:16:48

The backfire can be cured if you're interested. And yes. Ive named my bike Sweet Melody.

IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #2 - 04/25/09 at 22:33:34

Black Beauty..... "BB" for short.

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #3 - 04/25/09 at 23:23:47

Uncle Buck if you remember the car and the loud backfire when he shut it off  Grin

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #4 - 04/26/09 at 00:49:00

Savage Eddie wrote on 04/25/09 at 23:23:47:
Uncle Buck if you remember the car and the loud backfire when he shut it off  Grin

http://www.seanfyfe.com/car/unclebuck/buck4.jpg

Grin Very fitting!  I haven't been able to come up with a name to settle on yet, never was very good with that.  Thought about "Pigpen", because it seems like I always got caught in the rain when riding this winter, and it was always dirty. Roll Eyes

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #5 - 04/26/09 at 08:15:54

I named mine the FireLizard.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 04/26/09 at 08:19:19

i kinda like the backfire.....i'm not a big fan of the refined sound of the inline 4's =]

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #7 - 04/26/09 at 21:41:34

Congratulations on the first (real) ride.  I remember that feeling of my first "real" ride.  The sights, the sounds, the smells.  I felt so ALIVE!  I just had this stupid grin on my face!  Even after many trips since then I still grin when I get on the bike.  Welcome to really living.  There is nothing like toolin' down the road on a bike headed no place in particular enjoying life.

And I love your personal text "Addicted to riding".  It is how I think we all feel.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
ghstrdr110
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Demotte, IN
Reply #8 - 04/27/09 at 04:27:01

Congrats, I bought mine from guy who only put 52 miles on it. I had never ridden a motorcycle before. (I got my permit that morning). Loaded it on a trailer. An hour later I was home. Wife and kids were gone so I went a "little" ride for the first time. 150 miles until I ran out of gas. You're right it is a rush. Just got her out of the garage and started up yesterday. can't wait for this coming weekend. It's my birthday and darn it if I don't do a road trip.

IP Logged
DavetheDog
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Richmond, VA
Reply #9 - 04/27/09 at 05:05:58

Congrats on the first ride! Sounds like it was a good one! It sure is the perfect time of year down there too. I think once your a biker, your always a biker. I go through all the steps of getting the Beast out of the garage and putting on all my gear just to go to the grocery store that is a mile down the road! Just so I can hear it and feel the wind. It's amazing!

On a side note, I just finished my Motorcycle Safety Foundation course yesterday. It was really a great class and I recommend it to all who haven't taken it. It really explains a lot of proper riding techniques and safety strategies that make biking soooo much better. Check it out! and now all I gotta do is go to the DMV, smile for the camera and walk out with my license!

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #10 - 04/27/09 at 08:18:40

I remember riding around the neighborhood wondering if I had made the right choice in getting a bike. I wore out a pair of shoes figuring out how to corner and everything. Then one day I was like screw it, can't ride back here forever. We went out on the main roads. Once I got out, I couldn't stop and haven't looked back since. The freedom or at least the feeling of freedom that it give me is just AWESOME. Same thing went for my wife, she wasn't sure if she would like riding with me. She got on, we went around the block a few times and I haven't been able to get rid of her since lol.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #11 - 04/27/09 at 10:40:08

My very first ride (aside from 3 circles in the parking lot of the dealer) was right onto a 2 lane highway. I jumped off at the first side road I could to get familiar with the bike... But, it was quick and easy.

I have to agree 100%+ with Dave. Take the course if you can. In PA, they are free, so it was the best of both worlds. They have a lot of good information and you get a good bit of bike time (I had 2 5-hour Saturdays dedicated to being on their bikes). It'll be well worth your time to take the class.

And congrats on the long ride. It'll be the first of many. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Reply #12 - 04/27/09 at 10:55:29

Gary On A Savage wrote on 04/26/09 at 21:41:34:
Congratulations on the first (real) ride.  I remember that feeling of my first "real" ride.  The sights, the sounds, the smells.  I felt so ALIVE!  I just had this stupid grin on my face!  Even after many trips since then I still grin when I get on the bike.  Welcome to really living.  There is nothing like toolin' down the road on a bike headed no place in particular enjoying life.

And I love your personal text "Addicted to riding".  It is how I think we all feel.

Gary is right. I think we all feel the same way, and most of us have some good memories of those first steps.
Some great memories are in store for ya now!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 04/27/09 at 19:18:57

1st ride was about 2 weeks after I bought it.  I was excited so my BIL rode it to his house cause we picked it up about 5 miles from his house, about 20 from mine.  1st ride was down colorado blvd from glendale to monrovia, then foothill to home.

Call her shedder, cause she likes to strip.

WWW   IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #14 - 04/27/09 at 19:34:06

Rocco

May I suggest that a new rider of any age read this:
http://genjac.com/BoomerBiker/

Also buy or check out from the library (ask for an interlibrary loan if your local public library doesn't have it):

A Twist of the Wrist - II, The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding

It is aimed at both street riders and amateur road racers...many of the techniques he describes are very important for smart street riders.

Avoid this

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:22:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › first actual ride that wasn't in my neighborhood!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.