Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
first actual ride that wasn't in my neighborhood!! (Read 250 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: first actual ride that wasn't in my neighborho
Reply #15 - 04/27/09 at 21:11:00

i am completely addicted 2 riding...and i'm taking my 3 day course this thurs, sat and sun so next week i will say "cheese" and get my license! the course isn't free down here, but i def think it's worth it!

i love starting her up, sitting on her while i put my gloves and helmet on and listen 2 her thump....

now when i drive my car, i feel more alert like i'm still on the bike....but i also feel like i'm wasting time in the car, when i could be making alot more noise and feelin way more free!

i've been spending about an hour a night behind the target parking lot....i can't go past 3rd gear...but my u turns and starts are becoming better ! ! progress is definately a good feeling!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #16 - 04/27/09 at 21:21:46

OH YEAH! i 4got 2 mention! speaking of smiling...thank God i have a full face hjc helmet....because i have the corniest goofy grin on the entire time! and 2 make up for the silly smile i put the punisher logo on the back of my helmet =]

and btw....i'm going through some very rough family and financial times to say the least.....i'd like 2 thank my martial arts family for helping me.....my friend jeff gave me his riding jacket from way back..it's older then i am....it's a vetter...somebody springsteen lol but it fits perfect and i def didn't have the 300 bucks minimum for a race jacket.

my friend tom for the full face hjc helmet...i'm pretty sure they're like 200 bucks and he just gave it to me....it's grey with black tribal....looks sweet and saves my melon!

and alissa for everything...she knows what she did!

these people all are students @ my karate school but are all older motorcyclists as well...they said my enthusiasm is refreshing to them who take for granted how "awesome that just was"

i've learned so far, that life is all about helping others and passing down knowledge and experience!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #17 - 04/28/09 at 03:59:40

Sounds like you are having a great time. That silly smile and grin just keep coming. I think you will find that this motorcycle thing just help clear the head when things get to you. Good luck on your MSC tests.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #18 - 04/28/09 at 12:51:54

Check leatherup.com and newenough.com

Leatherup has great prices on leathers for jackets, chaps, pants, etc... And their helmet prices aren't bad either. Quick shipping (although my return on my jacket is taking WAY too long because the replacement item is now out of stock)... Read the reviews for size ordering.

Newenough.com has good closeout prices on helmets and stuff... Last years models will still function just as good as this years and you'll save a good bit of money on them.

It's always a good idea to get a new helmet vs. using someone elses. Over time, the foam inside of the helmets will mold to your head. I went with a THH helmet off EBay for $80 and I use it on the bike (when I'm not sporting my 1/2 HJC) and I use it to AutoX my Festiva.

Oh... And I think I want to meet Alissa... Wink Hah!

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #19 - 04/28/09 at 20:52:57

haha i'll eventually get a new helmet, spent all the money on the bike lol can't be too picky when u ask for help ! !

and yes, she is pretty awesome!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:14:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › first actual ride that wasn't in my neighborhood!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.