Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bent Rotor? (Read 76 times)
ineclipse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bent Rotor?
04/08/09 at 12:29:31

Noticed it today after I pulled the forks off to redo the oil seals. Its not a bad bend, I'd say 1/8" out of wack. Wondering if anyone has any experience bending them back. Couple people suggested I use two adjustable wrenches, leave the wheel on the bike, tighten them both down to the rotor and try to bend it back. I was thinking about using a couple c clamps, and a rotor width piece of wood. tightening it down the whole way around and letting it set for a little bit.
generally I am just concerned about the longevity of the rebent rotor, but I'd rather try to straighten it than drop a ton on a new one.
Any ideas or experience stories would be great.
Thanks so much,
-Luke.

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Re: Bent Rotor?
Reply #1 - 04/08/09 at 12:36:44

You should be able to find a salvage rotor in good shape.  I replaced one that way.  Just shopped Google for "suzuki savage salvage."

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/08/09 at 13:21:12

I don't think it's recommended to straighten the bent rotor.
Don't think it'd stay straight anyway.
Rotors can be had on fleabay from $10 and up if you can wait.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 04/08/09 at 16:21:24

First, I would like to make a confession. I am one cheap guy. If I can fix something, I will. Now, with regard to the front brake..If ever there was a place where I wouyldnt cheap out, thats it. If the rotor isnt good, its bad, if its bad, it gets re-placed. If that rotor broke while you had brakes applied, the front end would lock up when the edge of the brake hit the pads.Naaaah,, saving $$$ here just doesnt seem liie a great idea.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/15/24 at 11:29:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bent Rotor?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.