Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help from fellow Savagers :) (Read 153 times)
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Re: Help from fellow Savagers :)
Reply #15 - 03/30/09 at 14:42:59

Savage_Amusement wrote on 03/30/09 at 14:27:07:
I meant on the after market ones he got. It looks like in the photo that all four of them have 3 wires coming out of them. Black, black with white and a red.

I see no reason why they shouldn't be working. All share a common ground, maybe it is getting feedback from a wrong wire. On the bike Black with a thin white line is ground. Which eventually feed into each other.

The rear are 3 wire...and from what I can tell, the rear ones are flashing just fine...

But not to divert...I really DON'T like them anyway, even if they were flashing correctly.

I was more interesting in seeing what replacements other people have done, not using the stock fork mounts, larger than what I have, and that they're happy with.

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #16 - 03/30/09 at 14:48:11

I HATED the stock front ones. I almost always hate the stock signals on bikes. You can have a really cool bike, and they put stupid turn signals on them. I cut my brackets off (might not have been the best idea) so now I'm working on getting something else going. I will hopefully have something to show here this week. Not everyone will like the location, but that is why it is my bike.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Reply #17 - 03/30/09 at 14:52:51

Savage_Amusement wrote on 03/30/09 at 14:48:11:
I HATED the stock front ones. I almost always hate the stock signals on bikes. You can have a really cool bike, and they put stupid turn signals on them. I cut my brackets off (might not have been the best idea) so now I'm working on getting something else going. I will hopefully have something to show here this week. Not everyone will like the location, but that is why it is my bike.

Have you already bought the signals you are going to mount? Do tell Smiley

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #18 - 03/30/09 at 15:04:49

Yup, they are pretty small though so may not be what your looking for.
I just got the basic lights from him. I got 4 red and 2 amber. He gives a pretty good discount for buying several at a time. I have an off axle tail light and I'm going to use two of those for extra run/brake and two for run/signal. In the front using two amber ones for run/signal, these are going to be used mostly for late day and night riding. They are pretty bright. They are not for everyone and I understand that.

Website I got them from:
http://www.microlazers.com/servlet/StoreFront

Ones I got:
http://www.microlazers.com/servlet/the-Micro-Optics/Categories

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #19 - 03/30/09 at 15:10:06

Savage_Amusement wrote on 03/30/09 at 14:48:11:
... Not everyone will like the location, but that is why it is my bike.

That's right!  You tell 'em...

Grin

Matt, there are a near infinite number of ways you can mount new signals.  Most though will require some kind of simple fab'd bracket or mount.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 10:36:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help from fellow Savagers :)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.