Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DIY bobber footpegs (Read 139 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
DIY bobber footpegs
03/26/09 at 19:14:27

I don't like the stock pegs.  I've always liked small, sleek pegs or cool, aggressive looking pegs.  I had some $10 Kuryaken footpeg adapters laying in the garage.  So I went and bought two grade 5 bolts.  10 minutes after I got home I had this peg made.  I also picked up two more bolts that were an inch longer but it looked a little funny having pegs that long on the bike.  About 1.5" stuck out past the edge of my shoe.  

Comparison pic with modded stock peg (rubber had been flipped and trimmed making them half as thick as stock).  

I'll make the other one later.  Don't know if I'll keep them or not.  Just piddlin' in the garage.  They do give about 2" more room compared to stock.  I don't think vibration will be an issue.  My bike just doesn't vibrate much.  It feels like a motorcycle.  Maybe that's the vibration people talk about.  If anyone thinks our bikes vibrate much, I invite you to ride a M50, C50, VTX 1800, VTX 1300, V-Star 1100 or V-Star 650.  With those bikes I can actually notice something going on down there.  But, still, they simply feel like a bike to me.    

I might get some really cool bike pedals, pop the middle bolt out and mount them using the kuryaken adapters.  Hmmm...  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: DIY bobber footpegs
Reply #1 - 03/26/09 at 19:45:22

I like your stock/modded pegs.... the grade 5 bolts are just a bit too teeny for me...
I'm still working on the bike pedal idea..... I like that one a lot...

Like your ideas or not,... I do enjoy following the creative process in your posts...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #2 - 03/26/09 at 20:00:10

Thanks.  You make any progress on the pedal pegs yet?  Here are some cool ones I've seen online:

This one would be cool with the inset painted black.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 03/26/09 at 20:56:36

on your bolt peg idea, make sure the threaded portion completely supported either by completely burying into the adapter or use a steel tube and tighten it down hard.  Other wise it will snap off quickly.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 03/27/09 at 03:20:15

my peg front rear and hand grips are all bicycle stunt pegs.
they went on pretty easy.

i ran a hardened carriage bolt for a year or so with it. on the right side. here's the set up.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #5 - 03/27/09 at 04:54:33

Verslagen, I was looking for some grade 8 carriage bolts but they didn't have them.  The kuryaken pegs fit over the shoulder of the adapters which gives them strength. I also thought about a steel pipe that fit of the shoulder snug and a spacer sleeve between the bolt and pipe then cover the peg with either a section of ten speed bike tire tube or grip tape.  

Looking sharp, sluggo.  I've got a set of those in black that I sound at a flea market a few months ago for about $2.  I thought they might come in handy for something sooner or later.  

These particular ones are a little too large in diameter.  Yours look smaller.  But these did give me a thought.  They'd be great for mounting some waterproof LEDs in the front as running lights!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:17:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DIY bobber footpegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.